I'm sure he is controlling himself to not slap Avi, as he is older than him.

"I didn't do anything, sir; I just stopped Ma'am and told her that you are busy and told her not to allow anyone. But this mam got angry and slapped me," she lied, without any shame, pointing at me and Siri.

I glared at her, making her shiver. She will definitely pay for this. How dare she throw the blame on us when she is the one who insulted me?

"Siri, is this how to behave with someone older than you? Now, say sorry to her," Avi asked Siri with a stern voice.

"My sister won't say sorry to anyone. She didn't make any mistakes. If you still don't believe us, then check that CCTV footage with your own eyes. Then you will understand who is wrong and who is not." Saying that, Nandu dragged me and Siri along with him.

We could hear Attayya calling us from behind, but we didn't stop. We saw employees looking at us, but we just left the office, not before telling the security head to give them lunch. I messaged Attayya that I was fine and switched off my mobile. I know she will handle the mess. She will definitely not sit silently after learning the truth, and I trust her.

**********************

We left for a shopping mall, and Nandu dragged us both to the food court. He went and ordered food for us.

Though we are not in a mood to eat, I can't neglect my health. I can't keep my little one starving.

We ate our food silently. After that, Nandu dragged us to a movie to enlighten our mood. Later, Siri bought a guitar for Pranav, while Nandu bought some sneakers for himself. I have decided to paint Pranav's portrait and gift it to him, as he has asked me long ago to paint his portrait. So, I have bought the required things. Nandan and Siri told me to come with them. But I just denied them and said I would stay some other time. I dropped them off and came back to our house.

By the time I came back, it was already 7 p.m. I left for my room directly, saying that I was tired. I unlocked our room and went directly to the bathroom to have a relaxing shower to calm myself. I switched on the shower and stood under it. I stood there with tears flowing down my cheeks.

After some time, I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Maya, are you there?" I heard Aashi's voice from outside.

"Yeah!" I said, not wanting to worry her.

"Have your shower quickly and come out fast. It's been twenty minutes since you went inside. You'll catch a cold, and it's not good for your health," she shouted.

I quickly took a shower and dried my body. I came out in a bathrobe, as I forgot to take my clothes. I moved to the closet and wore my nightwear.

I came out of the closet and sat on the bed.

"What actually happened there?" She asked while drying my hair.

I stayed mum, as I didn't have the mood to talk about that incident. And even Aashi didn't budge more, understanding my silence.

How dare he shout at me in front of his employees for no fault of mine? I agree that Siri shouldn't have slapped her, but then that girl deserved it.

If she has the guts to insult her boss's wife, then I wonder how she behaves with her colleagues. That's why I told the manager to fire her. I'll tolerate anything, but not when someone comments about one's body shape, colour, or beauty. I strongly believe that beauty lies in one's heart and soul, not in one's looks.

I asked Aashi to send my dinner to her room with someone, and I also said that I would sleep with her today. I grabbed my mobile, its charger, and the laptop bag and moved towards her room. Let him sleep alone.

**********************

Me and Aashi were working on my laptop in Aashi's room. We were discussing our cafe, which we are planning to launch, when we heard someone banging on the door. She unlocked the door, and we saw Diya Vadina standing there with a tensed face.

"Arjun punched Kittu Anna," Vadina said, huffing.

Me and Aashi immediately moved down, along with Vadina, and saw Arjun Anna yelling at Avi.

I just dragged Anna from there while he was huffing, but she followed me silently. We stopped in front of his room.

"Anna, please don't make the issue big. We will solve it." Saying that, I left for Aashi's room.

I don't have the energy to argue with him. I gulped down my medicines, lied down on the bed, and covered myself with the quilt. I drifted into sleep soon due to the tiredness.

 I drifted into sleep soon due to the tiredness

Hey guys!!

Hey guys!!

I hope you have liked the update.

《NOTE: As this book is going to end in a few chapters. I'll be updating this daily. So, until then I'm not going to update my other books. I hope you guys understand》

Keep smiling and take care