~ 27 ~

Next morning:

Next morning:

Varsha stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes slowly. She rubbed her eyes and yawned cutely. She sat on the bed and looked around. She saw her chotu completely sleeping on Avi, hugging him like a koala, then she turned the other side and saw Maya sleeping. She tapped Maya's cheeks and shook her a bit with her little hands. Maya slowly opened her eyes and sat on the bed.

She picked up Varsha in her lap and asked her, "What happened, Varshu?"

Varsha didn't say anything but rubbed her face on Maya's chest.

Maya understood that she was hungry. She got off of the bed, picked up Varsha in her arms, and moved to Arpita-Yash's room.

"I guess she is hungry, Akka. Shall I boil the milk or will you feed her?" Maya asked Arpita.

"I'll feed her, and then only she will have her breakfast properly without throwing tantrums," said Arpita.

Maya nodded her head in understanding and spoke, "Vansh? He will drink milk, right?"

"Yeah! After feeding her, I'll boil his milk, as he won't wake up that soon," said Arpita.

"You feed her and get ready. I'll boil his milk. By the way, Akka!" said Maya.

"Haa?" Arpita mumbled.

"Do hide those precious gifts given by Bava," Maya said, pointing at the hickeys on Arpita's neck and winking at her.

Arpita blushed at her words, glared at her, and smacked her head.

"Even I'll get a day," Arpita said, pointing her finger at Maya while Varsha followed her mother and warned her cutely.

Maya kissed Varsha's cheeks and went to her room. She did yoga for 15 minutes on the balcony and then moved to freshen up. Soon she came out wearing a simple kurta paired with palazzo pants. She applied vermilion to her hairline and plaited her waist-length hair. She stuck a note on the dressing table and took Avinav's dress and his essentials and placed them on the couch. She slowly took Vansh in her arms and made him sleep on the bed properly. She placed pillows beside him so that he wouldn't fall down. She patted him slowly, kissed his forehead, and moved down.

********************

She moved to the puja room and cleaned it. She brought the flowers from their garden and tied them into a garland. She decorated the idols with those garlands. Soon, Vani and Arpita came down and joined her. They did puja and went to the kitchen. 

Maya was preparing coffee for all of them and milk for Vansh, while Vani and Arpita were preparing breakfast. Varsha was sitting on the kitchen counter, happily eating the fruit mash. They were all engrossed in their work when they heard Varsha squealing. They turned and saw Varsha in Arjun's arms. 

Maya and Arpita immediately ran into his arms and hugged him tightly, making him stumble a little. He glared at them as Varsha, who was in his arms, got startled. They made an innocent face at which he melted. They looked behind and saw Gayatri, Jai Ram, and Janaki entering the house, and workers were bringing their luggage.