Chapter 41

With his hair swept back at the front, and loose at the back, it was the perfect hairstyle for Jungkook.

And on top of that, his coat jacket, vest and pants were all black, while his shirt was dark blue and his cravat was emerald green.

My heart fluttered seeing that the suit he wore matched my dress.

“…Brother, you’re so handsome.”

I was sincere, to the bottom of my heart. And to convey my sincerity, I clasped my hands together tightly. Jungkook simply stared at me as I did this.

His irises, which were the only ones that held a warm tone from all the cool tones he was wearing, moved up and down to look at me as well.

“Lili, you’re beautiful.”

His eyes, which seemed to be full of sunshine, curved up. I spun around to show off the dress to him.

“Pretty, right?”

Compliments could make a whale dance, didn’t they? I couldn’t help but dance myself even though my bias is more beautiful.

I wanted to move my body more, but I refrained from doing so.

“But what is that?”

Jungkook motioned to the doll in my arms. I explained and showed it to him.

“The boutique will make one with every dress that’s tailored for me. The doll looks like me, right? Even the dress is the same.”

“It really does look like you.”

“Right?”

He smiled as I hooked my arm with his. Even while I was wearing heels, the height difference between us was still there, so I had to tilt my head back when talking to him.

“Brother, would you like to have it? I’ll put it on Brother’s desk. That way, it’ll be like I’m staring at you. Do you think you’ll get distracted while you work?”

I suggested it as a joke. He was already an adult, so he must also think that dolls were immature.

But even as I giggled, Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“Thank you.”

He looked a little bashful, as though he was truly grateful. He took the doll from my hands and cradled it in his own arms.

Then, in an instant, the doll that was about the size of two hand spans disappeared from his arms.

“Oh? Brother also knows how to do magic?”

“Just a little bit, but I used a subspace magic tool.”

Ohh, I see. So it was a magic tool.

It was a bit jarring, though. In the novel, Jungkook only trained his swordsmanship. Wasn’t he set to become a sword master later on?

I’m sure that’s how it’s supposed to go…

I think I’ll have to go over my diary again, where I wrote about the narrative. There were too many facts that kept mixing up in my head, and I didn’t know if it was because I interfered or if I just remembered incorrectly.

The prime example was Momo.

She often intruded in my thoughts, but it was usually possible only with my permission.

For now, I’ve blocked her.

I wasn’t sure how to describe her presence, but I felt some relief. After all, she’s just a ghost, so she couldn’t cause direct harm to people.