Chapter 14

One day the duke asked in passing words.

“My daughter, don’t you need a friend?”

I thought he was just saying it, or asking it with the intention of trying to distance me and Jungkook because I was with him often.

The Duke still disapproved of Jungkook. Of course he is more relaxed than before, but I must have misunderstood what he said.

That’s what I thought while I was looking at the group of young people my age in a garden that was filled with white roses. “Should I start socializing?” White roses are special and meaningful roses in the Jeon Empire. Therefore, it is a flower that no ordinary person could raise or get.

However, if someone has so many white roses, that they are enough to fill an entire garden, it is especially worth bragging about.

Oh, but even the duke has his limits. Out of our five gardens, only one is filled with rare flowers.

The tea tables in the garden filled with white roses were elegant and cute.

There was a lace tablecloth carefully placed overtop and a white cushion on the chairs where young children would sit.

The tableware is all pink.

The ceramic figurines hidden as gifts in their respective cups are rabbits, flowers, or butterflies, all cute things that young children would like.

In addition, the table is occupied by numerous sweet desserts, such as colorful macarons, shortcakes with lots of strawberries, and chocolate cake with delicate chocolate garnishes.

Still, I smiled as I saw the cute girls staring at me like I am an elegant and high-class nobleman.

Guys, you guys have some drool around your mouth.

I’m not kidding, both sides of their mouths were shiny.

“It’s my first time seeing you. I am  Lalisa Jeon.”

After the Duke said that I would be registered in the family roster his words of promise were quickly implemented. That’s why I am a Jeon now.

“Nice to meet you, princess. I’m Chaeyoung of Marquis Park’s house.”

As if a red rose slipped into the wrong place through a gap in the white roses, the red-haired Young Lady greeted me.

After that, each of the four young children around us introduced themselves.

Some are from baron houses, some are from a Count’s house, and some other young people from various other aristocracies. I don’t remember any of the other young people very much.

Of the people sitting in a circle in front of the round table, I only had to remember Chaeyoung sitting on my right side.

She also raised her chin in pride as if it was the right thing to do so.

Oh, she’s a little cute.

It seems that I like the fancy type of beauty rather than elegant beauty or somber beauty.

Though not as impressive as Jungkook’s colorful appearance, Chaeyoung is also a person that will be quite popular when she grows up.

“May I call you Chaeyoung?”

“Oh, please speak comfortably, princess.”

As the small children spoke with aristocratic speech, I had the image of children that are playing house from my original life pop into my head.

But I’m used to this world now, so that’s good.

Making friends is rather expected now that I’ve adjusted.