Chapter #3

Sunday, 11:45 p.m.

Sitting in his car, Jackson eyed the dark building before him, the streetlights casting long shadows that made the happy cartoon characters on the sign look distorted and grimm.

Tapping his finger against the edge of the steering wheel, his dark blue eyes darted over to the dash board clock before he finally grabbed his bag and pulled on the door handle, pushing the door open and climbing out his vehicle, before hesitantly making his way towards the building.

Jackson had been hired the day before by Henry after arriving for a job interview, but the almost instant, "You're hired!", had caught him off guard. He was wary, but... he needed the money, and so far Freddy's was the only place willing to hire him.

Placing the night guard hat on top of his messy brown hair, Jackson approached the door, pulling a ring of keys out of his pocket and inserting the main key into the keyhole, unlocking the door with a twist of his wrist.

Pushing the door open, he stepped inside and glanced around before pulling the keys out of the front of the door and locking them again from the inside.

Placing the keys back into his pocket, he glanced around the dimly lit pizzeria, his gaze falling upon the stage where most of the Toys stood, deactivated, with empty smiles and dark eyes, sending a shiver down his spine.

In the day they looked friendly, but without the light and cheering kids, they were no longer the animatronics he had known since he was a kid.

"What the hell have I gotten myself into..?"

Readjusting his bag, Jackson made his way towards the security office, the feeling of being watched following him past the stage and down the hallway.

Plopping down into the old swivel chair, he placed the keys and his bag in the drawer before grabbing the tablet in front of him to check the time.

11:58 p.m.

Sitting up straight in his seat, he got himself ready to start his first night on the job, "Okay. You can do this. This should be a piece of cake! Right..?"

11:59 p.m.

The office lights started to dim as the rest of the pizzeria shut down, surrounding the office in darkness. The only sources of light coming from the arcade machines and the light bulb above him.

His palms felt sweaty as his leg impatiently bounced in place.

12:00 p.m.

The chime of an electronic bell filled the silence, signifying the start of the night shift, and the start of the animatronic's game.

Switching the tablet on, Jackson began to flip between the different security feeds, keeping an eye on the animatronic's on stage, in Kid's Cove and in Parts And Storage.

A minute after midnight... the phone rang.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Hello? Hello hello, and welcome to your first night on the job!"

Zoning out the recording, Freddy watched the guard as he listened to the tape, which filled him in on what happened during the night and what to do if any of the animatronics entered the office.