Jiu Qiansui's Little Emperor 19

Start from the beginning

Since the former emperor killed Xie Zhongguo, he also killed several generals who had a good relationship with Xie Zhongguo, as a result, the number of generals who can really use troops in the country has dropped dramatically. Not only that, the former emperor also let the related household[footnote]the chinese meaning is a group of well-connected people/family. Most likely talking about the high status family[/footnote] enter the barrack to take charge of important positions to suppress those generals. Those remaining available generals were completely chilled to the heart, those who retired and returned home, retired and returned home, those who held their ground and stuck to one side were indifferent to worldly affairs. So now there is no military general available in the court. There are only some wine sacks and rice bags[footnote]useless people that can only eat and drink and not do anything; ridiculing incompetent people[/footnote] in the army with foxes borrowing the tiger's might[footnote]to rely on powerful connection (other people power) to intimidate/oppress other.[/footnote].

Now, although those wine sacks and rice bags have been removed by Xie Zhengyi, the newly promoted generals are all newcomers after all, with limited abilities. Under the attack of Lian and Qi, they didn't know if they could hold Huxiao City. Faced with such a situation, the ministers could not help but worry.

"No, not possible." Another minister heard the words and stood up and said: "The Northwest Army cannot be moved. The barbarians in the Northwest have been watching, if the Northwest Army is transferred away, how can the Northwest be defended?"

"This..." the minister who previously suggested also seemed to realize this problem, he couldn't help feeling awkward.

"No then, why don't we invite General Zhao back to take charge in the city?" a minister suggested.

General Zhao was the most famous general in the former emperor's period, second only to Xie Zhonggou. After Xie Zhongguo died and the former emperor began to suppress the generals again, Zhao Zhonggou was disheartened and with the former emperor meaning, he directly handed in his military token and returned back to his hometown.

"That's a good idea."

"It is feasible."

For a while, the ministers all agreed, feeling that this is a great idea.

'Knock. Knock'. Xie Zhengyi knocked on the bookcase. "General Zhao is now over 60 years old. He really shouldn't be exhausted."

Everyone was taken aback, they just seemed to remembered that with General Zhao's age, he was no longer suitable for the battlefield.

Xie Zhengyi didn't wait for them to show their disappointment before continuing: "don't worry too much about this, this time, I'll personally go to Huxiao City to take charge."

Some of the ministers standing there became even more worried in an instant. Although Xie Zhengyi is very talented in political affairs in the imperial court, but in the end he did not learn the art of war and has never been involved in a war so how can he have the ability to take charge of Huxiao City? Wouldn't it be a mess if he goes!

Some of those ministers subconsciously opened their mouths wanting to stop Xie Zhengyi's plan but several important officials standing in front knelt down and agreed with Xie Zhengyi's plan, looking quite excited.

The ministers looked dumbfounded.

However, this matter is not over.

Bai Chen, who was sitting on the dragon throne, suddenly stood up: "In order to better motivate the soldiers, I decided to take a personal expedition to boost their morale."

The entire imperial study room suddenly quieted down under Bai Chen's voice.

Even the few excited officials just now frowned.