10

I felt unconscious. The last thing I recalled was being held in Seojun's arms, getting a strong whiff of his warm-woody cologne. When I woke up, I sniffed in the hard smell of disinfection at the hospital that entered my nostrils. In addition to my breathing , the room was quiet.  I slowly opened my eyes, blurry image clanging in front of my eyes. I caught a glimpse of the desolate beige and white hospital bedroom.

"How long was I here?", I murmured to myself noticing band aids on my hands. I closed my eyes and dissolved back into the warm blanket of the hospital bed. It felt so soft and warm unlike my stiff dorm bed.

"You're up?", Seojun mumbled suddenly sitting up on the couch. I hadn't noticed him before.

"Yeah. You brought me here?", I asked him. 

"Um.", he nodded. 

"Since you're up now, let's get go?", he raised his eyebrows. 

"What! Why? I mean- why so soon?", I defensed not wanting to leave the warm bed. 

"You got discharged today morning Dumbo. Plus, it's just some scratches. I'm sure it's nothing for a boxer like you", he said mockingly, fixing his bangs.

"What boxe- ", I was interrupted by my own flashbacks. I winced after realizing what had happened. My mind freaked out. Being embarrassed, I slowly pulled the blanket off of me and wore my shoes. He probably noticed me getting flustered. 

"Why are you blushing?", he asked as if he didn't knew. "Ugh- I'm not really blushing. Its- um its maybe just I have a fever or something.", I shuddered. I put on my sweater and tied my hair into a loose ponytail.

"Oh is it? Let me check", he uttered as he took a step towards me, our bodies inches apart, making my heart race so quick. Grabbing my left hand, he put his forehead over mine and looked in my eyes. I felt hot as if I could die at that moment. Our nose slightly touched each other's and our breaths mixed between our lips. 

I almost tiptoed to fill the gap between his and my lips when he softly hit my forehead with his own. "Ouch", I said. 

"You're completely fine.", he replied.

"But I wanna sleep here for sometime ", I whispered under my breath making sure he couldn't hear it.

--------------

He stopped the car on the crossroad near the dorm. I got off and clutched my sweater tightly around my shoulders and let Seojun lead me till the building.

"I owe you a debt", I grit out after we walk for a little while. "For helping be back then and now as well."

He gave me an appraising look. I was struck all over again by how handsome he is, by the messy hair falling around his face. It's awkward to be alone with him, knowing he's seen me at my most vulnerable state, all beaten up.

He shook his head. "You don't owe anyone anything, Seokyung. Especially not to me." 

"Don't you think I'm pathetic?" I asked, turning to Seojun. "Everyone thinks so. Even my own family."

He didn't answer. We walked along, neither of us speaking. "I don't think you're pathetic. Not even a bit. I think you're very cool", he said.

When we got closer to the dorm, I stop. "I can go alone from here." I give him a smile. He smiled back. I moved back, drifting away from him, towards the dorm.

"Wait.", he said, taking a step towards me. "I- I want to see you again."

"Why?"

He looked at me though he saw something entirely else. There was an intensity in his gaze that made me stand up a little straighter. He touched my hand softly and squeezed a little. "Until tomorrow," he said.  "Hmm." I walk on by myself, heading to my room.

It was already 7pm. I sat on my bed and all curled up, thinking about everything. It was overwhelming for me. 

"Until tomorrow." It kept ringing inside my head. 

--------

Author's POV

Seojun drove back to his apartment. Opening the car window, letting the cool evening breeze in, he kept thinking about Seokyung. He got flustered remembering Seokyung.

"No no!! why are you blushing Seojun?", he scolded himself tapping his cheeks. No matter what, he kept thinking about her. On the sidewalk, he imagined them together hands in hands. When he looked at his right, he saw her sitting on the passenger's seat. He just couldn't get over her. 

When he looked over, he saw a phone lying on the seat. He picked up and flipped the phone over, realizing that it was Seokyung's. 

"Should I just give this to her tomorrow?", he thought to himself. But oh boy, was he looking for an excuse to see her again as soon as possible. In a moment, he reversed the car and drove back almost 25 minutes. 

He walked to the floor where her room was. "I'm used to walking a lot of steps. My room in the 5th floor after all", she'd told him when they were walking down the hospital stairs. He knocked.

"Seokyung? I'm here to return your phone.", he said. There was no response. He knocked for a few more times. On the last knock, the door unlocked itself. Getting worked up, he opened the door, only to see Seokyung sitting on the floor, weakly. He tensed up.

"Seokyung!", he called. "What are you- " He noticed her bleeding nose and bruised face. He quickly kneeled down in front of her. "Tell me who did this," Seojun insisted, over and over again, but she wouldn't. She could see a different part of him, she'd never seen before. His eyes were wide and took heavy breaths.

"It is your dad?" She still didn't respond. He brought his face closer and softens his expressions, his eyes more relaxed. He took her hand between his fingers. He is able to feel how she is trembling. He lets out a long sigh. "Tell me something, Seokyung. Tell me, and I will do it."

Seokyung wondered what would happen if she said: "My dad tried to forcefully take me back home. He wants me to marry someone I don't know. He wants me to be his perfect little prey for his perfect plan. I feel scared. After everything I've done to get far away, I don't want to return back to hell. I will die if my father takes me back. I don't want to live. Not this way at least." But she didn't.

 Joo Dan Tae's anger was fathomless. She had seen it when he abused her and her mother. His only way of handling things were murder, murder and murder. What if he hurt Seojun? I can't put him in danger because of me. My dad would probably harm him if he gets more involved. 

He's a monster and I can't let my angel get hurt because of him.

Tears welling up in her eyes, she looked at Seojun, weakly. 

"Take me with you." She said instead. 

"Will you?"