07

Joo Seokyung POV

(few days later )

Today is a very difficult day for me. Early morning, I opened my shared wooden wardrobe that leaned against the cramped and narrow white wall. It was lofty but rather dim room. I pulled out my bag and my clothes. The girls in my dorm room were still asleep when I left. I put on my cardigan and slipped on flat sandals. 

Walking along the pathway in the roadside, I took a deep breath and pulled the strap of my bag which was hanging on my shoulder. I could feel the chilly wind brush through my skin. I gulped and went to a flower shop which was just in the corner of the street. As I entered the shop, I saw bunch of flowers placed neatly together. The flowers came as dreams of the earth that were born into reality like the spring light. The pink roses were ever blooming and the yellow lilies looked delightful. My favorite sunflowers were there on the table. But, I picked up a white rose and left.

Then, next thing I knew, I was standing in front of the burial ground. I nervously walked inside with sweaty hands as I rubbed them on my dress. Amid all the white graves, I strolled over where the gravestone said, Na Ae Gyo (1984-2021). I placed a rose on top of the grave. She is my mom. My real mom. The first and the last time I saw her was her bloody dead body. It makes me bitterly regret every time I think about her. The guilt that I could never do enough to be loved like a daughter by both my birth mom or my stepmom devastates me.

"Sorry mom, It took me so much time to come here. I'm sorry.", I whispered. I bowed down and a bitter but silent air whooshed and a single drop of grief welled up from the corner of my eye. I walked away to head to work.

The wind was still blowing swiftly and large clouds were moving. I hugged myself, crossing my arms as I looked up to the sky. I could smell the chilly winter breeze. There is something profoundly beautiful yet melancholic about the way the city is so full of life yet dead, when the clouds slowly turn dark and coppery.  I felt gentle ploppy raindrops gushing on my cheeks.  The next thing I knew, it began pouring. Winter rain in Seoul was not a uncommon thing.

I was almost at the café. I quickened my pace, the rain swallowing my body. The clouds began to gather in the sky. Up to now, the sky had been calm but it was changing. The fade-blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. My dress was all drenched and my hair looked like a wet puppy. Suddenly, I felt icy fingers grabbing my arm as I inched through the rain.  The hand gripped me tightly and pulled me, making my body twirl around. 

I took a sharp breath in as our faces were inches apart. Our eyes met and I felt his fingers around my wrist. He slightly pulled me under his umbrella and looked over.

"P- Park Jae-on, is it?", I asked, straightening my posture.

"Uh yes- I didn't mean to- . You just- were drenched in the rain so I thought- ", he said scratching the back of his hair getting flustered.

"Ahh, thankyou. ", I replied awkwardly and we went to the café. 

---

"Do you have something to change in Seokyung?", he asked inching his body towards me as I sat down on a chair.

"Ah- I don't think I do", I replied kind of unsettled, wiping my hair.

"Do you want to take my sweatshirt?", he said grabbing the edges of his shirt to take it off.

"No no! I'm good", I mumbled. He took it off anyways. 

"Don't worry. I have another shirt underneath", he said as he smiled. He handed me his sweatshirt and leaned closer. Out of the blue, he reached his hands out and cupped my cheeks and then my forehead. I could feel my face burning. I was not uncomfortable but this sudden contact put me on edge. 

"Don't want to get sick after drenching in the rain right? Or do you?", he questioned mockingly and gave a grin, making me notice how his eyes turned into half moons when it smiled.

"Yeah sure I do.", I replied with a sarcastic tone.

Han Seojun POV:

I had still not got over my conversation with Jae-on. He liked her. But so did I. Jae-on confessed that he had feelings for Seokyung but what about my feelings? I have always kept others before me but this time, I don't think I can do that. No matter how hard I try to keep my distance, I find myself more drawn towards her. I could not keep this in my head anymore. I did say that I was okay with him and Seokyung but deep down, I knew that I was not okay. So I decided to talk with out with Jae-on. 

That morning, I decided to go to the café. I knew that Jae-on had morning shift that day. I walked the main street looking at trees, people and everything else. Until, I saw her. Pretty flowy hair and lean arms. I could easily recognize her. I could see her looking around in the pouring rain. I raised my arm as I approached her. But, I halted. Park Jae-on and Seokyung. He had grabbed her and held her under the umbrella he was holding. This sprinted up a sharp pain in my chest. I looked at Seokyung's big black eyes looking over Jae-on's. 

I pulled back my right leg, then left. Eventually, I turned around and then walked away. I knew I couldn't keep backing out. It was not going to do any good for any of us. I had to talk it out even if that meant that I had to give up on her. Without my knowing, I was again going back to the café. Yes, maybe it was for the good.

I walked in, finding the place empty. Thinking that Jae-on was in the men's changing room, I headed straight there. The door was slightly opened which meant that he was there. I held the door and was about to push it open but I didn't. I could hear two people talking. It was no doubt that it was Jae-on and Seokyung. I heard some giggling and then, it was soon replaced by some noises. 

Not some ordinary noises, but some *kissing *noises. 

-<3 Thankyou everyone for reading my work! Your comments, votes and reads means so much to me. Thankyouuu!!