01

Tired of everything and everyone, he decided to end everything. He just couldn't take it anymore. 

After being heartbroken, he debuted as a K-pop idol. Soon after he debuted, his recruiting company went bankrupt and many trainees and idols were dropped out including him. This shook him greatly and made him emotionally unstable. 

Giving life another chance, he went to the United States for his degree. Not even a month had passed, he was crushed by the news of accident of his mother and sister. 

And now there he was, on the roof on an old stranded building after finishing their funeral.

Dark yet clear and peaceful night. A group of stars scattered around the moon. It was calm as ever. The only sound he could hear was his heart thumping and blustery wind blowing. He stood there straight feeling the crisp air stirring his body. 

Numb; that's how you would describe him. There was no hope. Not even a tiny flicker of it. No matter how many last chances he gave his life, nothing ever worked out for him.  With closed eyes and trembling body, not sure due to the chilly wind or the pain in his heart, he reached out, fingers extended as he gripped the cold steel of the railing climbing onto the ridge of the roof. Deep breath and then out. He was ready to end everything. In this final moments, he shut his eyes letting a tear roll down, reminiscing  the suffering he had to go through this whole time.

He looked back on memories of his mother , his little sister, his bestfriend who was more than a brother to him, and his love. A love which was never his. A love which belonged to his bestfriend.

He took his right leg forward. Opening his arms he vented out all the things. He was about to let his body act on its own and let it go down and then high-up forever off the building.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't", he mumbled to himself and finally lifted his other leg.

"Don't bother, you won't die if you jump from here. Try from a taller building", a voice said.

He was immediately brought back from his thoughts. Intimidated by the voice, he turned around to discover a thin girl sitting down on the floor tucking her knees up to her chest wrapping her hand around them. Although it was dark, he could see her coal black bruised eyes.

'I already tried.' Her voice was rough and broken as if she had cried a lot. He sighed and glanced at her. She responded with a tight forced smile which looked more like a smirk.

'What?' she questioned him with intensified eyes as she stretched her legs out putting one on top of the other, now in a long sitting rest position. 

He didn't respond. Too shocked and confused to respond. 

I already tried jumping off from here but look at me, still alive. She uttered mockingly. 

You will just get some bruises and some fractures at the most. Honestly, lying at the train track was better. I tried that too. But I got too scared. And nobody would want to be terrified before you leave this absolute fucking earth right? At least not me. She exhaled out as he howled with a dark laughter.

He couldn't tell if she was being serious or just beating around the bush. Calculating the questions he was about to ask, he approached her. Now, it seemed like he was terrified of her words more than what he was going to do a minute ago.

'Who are you?', she asked first. He hesitated, not knowing if she was expecting a name or the reason why he was here.

 'Seo Jun, Han Seo Jun' , he finally answered.

She smiled weakly, chuckled, and then whispered hoarsely, "It was good to see you. Actually, good to see you before you die". It's been very long since I've talked to anyone but myself. Seojun shot a glance at her again while reckoning  how long very long was to her. Her hair was very messy. Her face and legs were covered in wounds and cuts. Her torn clothes was covered in dirt and then, he was not too keen on analyzing her any further. 

He quickly dropped his eyes down when she lifted her head to meticulously stare at him. But if he had to guess he would say she has been here for at least a week.

He felt her eyes rank him up and down, searching for something she was not sure he had. When he came there on the abandoned rooftop, he had not expected to meet a another person who was there for the same reason.

'Why are you here?', she asked quietly and interrupted his thoughts. 

'Why...? Eh', he stammered, slightly unprepared of how to answer. To his surprise, she nodded. "I can understand. Life on earth can be pretty boring eh? It's more fun to go to hell and enjoy with Satan", she continued with sarcasm in her low voice.

Seojun stared at her. She was strong enough to joke in this situation? Had the loneliness twisted her mind? Who the hell was she? And why was he listening to a girl out of nowhere? She hadn't even told her name after all. 

His put his first question. 'Who are you?" 

She tilted her head and met his soft amber brown gaze. Her eyes, despite the bruises, shone brightly. She had a strong aura and one could tell, very attractive as well. 

She stood up from the floor, dusting her hands and brought them together folding them. She had long defined legs and she wore black miniskirt with torn fishnets and grubby leather jacket. 

 She was just a teenager but the pain in her eyes clearly showed that she went through a lot.

She crossed her legs and bent a little forward. Letting out a wicked but cute giggle, she reached her hands out to him.

"Joo Seok Kyung." she replied with a smirk. 

1013 words