Chapter 47 Zayn Left One Direction

Start from the beginning

"True, and he never lets me change around our strategy," Lucas said with a thoughtful look.

"Seeing that you are the captain, I'm sure you can change around some things," I told him and then checked the time. "You got six minutes to do that." Their coach was making his way back to us. All the boys had pale looks on their faces.

"Can you keep Coach Dally away for those six minutes?" Julian asked me.

"I hate him."

"You hate majority of the human population, Sandy. Can you just give us the next six minutes of your life?" Lucas asked quickly. "Please." The rest of his team had pleading looks as well.

"Cassie, do it for the sake of your team, your school, your . . . boyfriend," Julian said, "and yeah." It got real awkward for me because everyone fell silent and just stared.

"I'll do it, but I am not lying to Coach Dally. All of you better show me more respect if this works out," I said and headed straight to the coach.

When he saw me, he gave me a polite nod and began marching away. "Wait, Mr. Dally!" I said clutching onto my food. The grey haired, middle aged man stopped and looked at me. What was I supposed to tell him? "I have a question!"

"What?" Coach Dally asked impatiently.

"Have you noticed all the strategies the other team uses?" I asked and looked at the time behind him. Five minutes left.

"Sandy, that's something my team needs to know not you," he said coolly.

"But doesn't the team represent the school?"

"Yes."

"I'm part of the school."

"Well, you have been a part of the school for the last three and a half years. Why the delay in speaking up?" Because I hated you so much.

"Reasons you probably don't wanna hear. Anyways, can you explain to me why the other team has fixed positions overall?" At least, I wasn't lying to him.

Coach Dally had a blank expression. "I am responsible for my team, Ms. Evans not for what the other team does."

I spent the next four minutes just arguing over who was responsible for what. Coach Dally, I swear, seemed ready to hit me. His hands were curled in fists by the time the players were called back to the field.

Those boys so owed me.

¤》¤《¤

"The Rexle captain looks extremely suspicious," loudly commented Devin on the microphone. "They Smithsons are looking confused. What is going on?" I grinned. Lucas had set his team up just like the other team did. Huge gaps between teammates, so that someone could jump in quickly during passing. I did think it was a little stupid to copy their tactic at first, however when it started working well for my team, I gave Lucas the credit. "Oh my god, the Rexles keep stealing the soccer ball! Smithson captain looks ready to rip apart the Aylmer kid. Rexles made a comeback. Aylmer has the ball and he is running around with Smithson captain on his tail. Wow, hot, sweaty men right on each other's tails is a sight to see. A disturbing sight."

While it was disturbing to some degree, the following-behind actually helped clear the path a lot. Of course, there was never an "I" in team, but the way these strategies were proceeding, one man could cover a great deal of distance.

"Smithson captain, Jake Long--just kidding, you're not the American Dragon--I meant Jake Freeman stole the ball and is running the opposite way, now. Damn, these players are fast. Mind you, the game is getting more and more intense. Something during half-time seemed to have changed the strategy of Rexles." Damn. Devin had to bring that up. I found Coach Dally looking straight at me. Though I was too far away to see his expression, I knew he had some idea that I was responsible.