Ten

"Am I hearing this right?" I seriously questioned him. "You want us to go to the Wangshu inn and pretend to be a couple who can't conceive and hence we need the sigil to ask the all powerful adepti for their blessings." I repeated Childe's own idea back to him. "You have got to be ridiculous."

"Hey, it was the best idea I had!" Childe replied, and I couldn't help but notice a little bit of blush on his cheeks.

"And you really think it'll work?" I questioned him suspiciously.

"Of course it will, we just have to make it believable." He replied with hope in his tone, although I wasn't quite sure I could go along. I mean after all we'd be playing a couple. I altogether wasn't used to having people close to me. Would I be able to go through? Would he? Of course he would. I was the questionable one. But I guess I could try to go along with it. After all Childe had helped me so much, this was the least I could do.

"Alright, fine, I give. When should we leave?" I spoke nonchalantly.

"How about we go upstairs and get packed and leave now so we can get there by this evening?" He asked and I only nodded. Still holding a smile on my face.

. . .

It didn't take long for us to pack our things up. Especially since we had only just arrived close to a week ago. Although one thing we couldn't count on was just how much to pack we couldn't predict just how long it'd take for us to get the sigil from this guy.

Childe had went out to get a few things apparently to make us look more "believable" but he had just gotten back and when I turned to see him in the living room he was holding a small box and he had gestured me to come over. He handed me the box and looked me in the eyes for a second before gazing at my hands.

"How could they believe were a couple without two rings." He said and I opened the box to find two of the most beautiful silver and diamond encrusted rings I'd ever seen. His was a simple band with diamonds built in the silver while mine was a gorgeous ring where the silver band looked to mimic a vine and the diamond had been cut to look like the most beautiful of roses.

"Childe!" I exclaimed. "T-this is beautiful. Just how much did you spend on these?"

"Don't worry about it, okay? Believe me, I have the funds." He smiled and made eye contact with me once again. "May I?" He asked before grabbing hold of my left hand gently. He then picked up the ring and slid it on my ring finger. "Yes. This'll do just fine." He spoke softly while still holding my hand. I didn't know why but I could feel my heart flutter in place a little bit. After a few seconds he let go of me hand and went to put his own ring on.

"Looks good." I said and we had a moment where all we did was look each other in the eyes and smile. Good, he might have a less than righteous heart, but he was so good.

Childe's POV

Good, she looked so good. I didn't know if it was just the mysterious ambience that surrounded us or the fire I could feel in her heart. But when I touched her I swear that feeling could keep me going forever. She was like a drug to me the way I just had to have her around. She made me feel out of my mind sometimes I swear.

Some parts of me feared I was getting too vulnerable around her, but some parts of me wanted to let this keep going. I truly hadn't ever met anyone like her before. I was afraid I'd already know how this would end though. Would I crash and burn? Would I take her down with me?

I looked at the ring on my own finger before deciding it'd be best to get back to packing. If we really wanted to arrive at the Wangshu inn by this evening then we had to get a move on. I looked to (y/n) to see her zipping up her bag and sighing after almost not being able to shut it. But then I realized I might just have the same trouble as it then took me quite a bit of time to close my own bag.

"Are you just about ready to get going (y/n)?" I turned her way and asked.

"O-oh yes." She piped up and lifted a bag of her things off the couch and on to her shoulders. I did the same and within minutes we had left the suite and were on our way to the Wangshu inn.