Three

It was then when Childe noticed my vision hanging off my black mini skirt.

"Pyro huh." He said while entranced by what was dangling by my side. "I mean I definitely expected someone as fiery as you to have a vision but pyro, really hits the nail on the head for you." He continued.

My eyes flashed back at him. I didn't even want to grace him with a reply. But he just kept looking at me as if there was something to look at.

"Look now that Aether is gone of with the sigil of permission, I have a few errands to run. But I'd like to know if you'd be ever so delighted to join me although I don't know how much you'd enjoy it." Childe proposed.

"What is it." I shot back, if he couldn't tell I was already angry, he could now.

"You see, I'm looking for more of those sigils of permission and I happen to know where I can find one but it's surrounded by ruin guards. But since you have a vision and seem like you can handle yourself and not to mention you have nowhere you go, you might want to come." He persisted.

"I do not have nowhere to go just cause I'm not working." I said exaggerating my tone. "I could always go hom-" It was then when I turned around to look down the street to see fatui cronies raiding my flat. "Oh you are just fucking something else." I began to rush off away from the porch of the bank and over to my flat. Childe began following me fearing I'd be torn to shreds for getting in the way of the fatui cronies. "You just think you can walk around and-" Bam! Fire came from my hands and I shot the two fatui raiders unconscious. "- do whatever you like" I continued. "We'll now I'm mad."

I kicked the two raiders out of my way and walked into my home to pack my bags, because now the fatui know where I live and one day someone's gonna find out who I am, even if this oaf Childe was too blind to see it or too ignorant to know.

"(Y/n) I swear you're fine, you have a place to stay with me." Childe spoke as he too stepped over the two unconscious cronies and walked into my flat.

"Childe, all due respect but I'd rather roll over and die." I replied.

"Fine, I'll leave you be, but will you at least come get that sigil with me." He practically begged me.

"I mean if you can't handle it on your own, I'd be oh so mean to leave you defenseless against some ruin guards." I spat and Childe rolled his eyes.

There I stood in front of a man I should've never gotten involved with. All I did was shook my head before moving across my dark wooden floor and looking to the classic liyue style paintings on my walls. I've always tried to find happiness right where I am. Maybe I could in this situation as well. Maybe this was a new part of my life blossoming.

"Lead the way Childe." I spoke after a few moments of silence. Then he just looked at me and smiled that sly, charming smile. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"What?" He looked at me.

"Let's just go." I said realizing I was blushing after getting caught smiling at him.

. . .

It didn't take too long to get to the place where I could see three ruin guards guarding a small structure. Inside the structure was a chest and that must be it, I thought. Clearly Childe thought so too because within an instant he bolted at the ruin guards.

I stood at a short distance rather than rushing into battle. There was something about this place and these ruin guards. They seemed to be super powerful unlike any ruin guards I'd had the pleasure to meet in the past. We we're up on a mountain and the climate seemed if it could change at any time. I wanted to get this over with as fast as possible. But then, where would I go? Certainly not with Childe. Then I saw a ruin guard coming up behind Childe while he was cutting a ruin guard with water blades from his hands in front of him.

"Childe!" I yelled, he whipped his head back to me and then turned to jump out of the way before one of the ruin guards would've clapped him from behind. 'Hydro huh' I thought as Childe was in the air with his blades managing to cut the head clean off a guard.

It was then when I rushed into battle to help. I sent a flame vortex out from my hand and crafted a sword from flames. I managed to strike the ruin guard that came behind Childe earlier. It's torso erupted in flames and I landed strike after another on the guard. Then I snapped my fingers and the whole thing lot on fire in an instant. A large chunk of the mountain fell with the ruin guard. Childe stared at me worried. Was I going too far? This was just how I got when I fought. My blood boiled and it became easy for me to lose sight.

So much adrenaline ran through me that I didn't even realize the ruin guard coming behind me spinning. I took a hit to my stomach and I laid on the ground crouched into an almost fetal position. That's when I saw the massive foot of the ruin guard lifting up to strike me. I winced and awaited for the impact but it never came.

"(Y/n)!" I heard Childe yell while he was there holding up the foot of the monster on top of me then slicing it clean off with his water blade. Soon after he was able to finish the guard off. But I was still lying on the ground in pain. I assumed Childe would probably leave at this point.

Then he did. Just like that he ran away.