Two

For too long I'd thought that I'd already lived the climax of my life. That I was just meant to fall from the grace from now on. But maybe that wasn't true. Maybe my life wasn't behind me and maybe it didn't all end the day I left my village in Snezhnaya.

So I jumped down and within an instant to was on my feet, and where was our destination. Northland Bank of course. The fatui run bank of Sneznaya. I thought I swore long ago that if I saw another anything from Sneznaya it'd be all too soon. But I guess I had to deal with the reality of what I just got myself into.

We was standing in a triangle. At the Head of the triangle; the tall glowing ginger man. Then at the side; the traveler. It seemed we were all staring eachother down until the ginger man talked.

"You can thank me for saving you both, and please call me Childe." He spoke.

"I'm Aether, the traveler mumbled. Before his talking pet chimed in.

"And I'm Paimon. Does anyone have any snacks?"

I chuckled a bit before introducing myself. "I'm (y/n), I didn't initially want to get involved in this but when I saw you Aether, I couldn't help myself. Also might I ask. What is the purpose of a Paimon?"

"It looks to be emergency food." Aether remarked. We all had a laugh for a bit, we'll all of us except Paimon. Until Childe spoke up.

"Aether, as of right now the entire city of Liyue harbor thinks you had something to do with the murder of Rex Lapis. Please I'm going to need you to take this sigil of permission." Childe spoke directly to Aether now. I got a little anxious when the conversation became serious again.

"Yes, and where should I bring it?" Aether asked.

"Jueyun Karst. You should meet an adepti there." Childe responded and Aether made his leave. "As for you (y/n), I'm afraid your part in this is not over either." He continued and I sighed. "You need to lay low. All people know is they saw the traveler flee the scene, but did you have somewhere you were supposed to be?"

Shit- I did. I should've returned to the Wanmin restaurant hours ago. I guess Childe saw my anxiety and was able to guess that he was right. My face felt all heated standing on the wooden floor of the bank as I was surrounded by Sneznayan ideals. I was definitely not where I was supposed to be. Just what did I get myself into this time? All I can hope for is that my involvement doesn't get too deep.

"Haha, it's okay, I'll have the fatui sent to wherever you were supposed to be, where was that again?" Childe continued.

"It's my work, at the Wanmin restaurant." I replied softly.

"Alright I'll have the fatui let them know you've quit and not to expect you back." Childe sighed

"N-no" I stuttered before regaining my confidence. "I can't just leave them, that's my only source of money."

"(Y/n) I don't think you understand how things work with the fatui, this is a one way street, no ifs, ands, or buts about it." He roared on. He wasn't aware, I knew exactly how the fatui works and just how unintimidated I was by them.

"I don't think you understand. The fatui does not intimidate me." I shot back. The ginger furrowed his brows a little and smirked.

"Woah there watch what you say, it's almost like you're in the presence of a fatui harbinger. Not to mention your in a Sneznayan bank little Liyue girl." He went on, but he didn't know the half of it. I was surprised though to hear he was a harbinger, after all, both my parents were harbingers. Before they died that is, and I was on the fast track to becoming one myself before what happened in my village, and even more so after. I still wasn't sure how I felt about Childe yet. He was cunning yet charming in all the right ways and I felt that maybe he was even a bit amusing.

"I'm not a Liyue girl." I winced back at him. Then his eyes grew curious.

"So then where do you hail from?" He questioned. But his question went unanswered. That was a story for another day, and anyways, I don't go out giving people my information just like that.

He led me out of the bank onto the porch. It was then when I noticed after looking to my right that 'hey, there was fatui speaking to chef Mao at the Wanmin restaurant'. I rushed over to the side of the balcony to witness this scene when Childe interrupted.

"What do you think you're doing?" He pulled me away from the railing. "Oh that, look I'm sorry, you know it just couldn't go any other way." He pulled me away from the railing and took my gaze from Wanmin. It was weird to have Childe touch me. It was like there was some sort of electricity running through his hands that hit my waist when he went to pull me away.