Ivan: The Twink Rejected the Wolf

Start from the beginning

Enzo's eyes dropped to my neck and frowned. "You were."

I raised an eyebrow. "I know that but I'm fine, babe."

He stood still, his breathing even stopped. His red eyes landing onto my blue ones and a small smiled tugged on his lips. "You called me babe, Ivan."

I scrunched my eyebrows together and opened my mouth to tell him I didn't but I actually did. I called Enzo babe and my insides turned warm, instead of cold. My cheeks flamed and I punched his shoulder.

Ignoring the little mistake, I asked, "You said something about me being hurt?"

Enzo small smile dropped and fear flashed in his eyes. He was making me nervous. I wanted to know why he was afraid, especially around me. "I-I..."

I waited patiently for him to tell me. I let a smile pass through my lips to tell him everything was all right. I don't know why I was so content with him, and why I was all smiley around him. It seemed weird but I didn't let the questions bother me as much. He let out a shaky sigh and rubbed his hands together nervously.

"I marked you," he blurted. We didn't say a word together. I had a blank face now and that made Enzo more nervous. I heard him loud and clear. I crossed my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes, chuckling. Enzo raised an eyebrow, puzzled why I was laughing. I rolled my eyes again and chuckled louder.

"If you wanted to tell me a joke, you have to do better than that," I said and looked back at the mirror.

When I was going to run my hand through my hair, Enzo came behind me and placed his hand on the side of the neck that Vlad half bitten.

I immediately tensed up and shrugged off Enzo's hand, moving away from the mirror and staring at him with cold eyes. Enzo grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to face the mirror again. The mark was there. It was really there.

"Nobody can see it, only when you or others see it in a mirror. It reflects yourself because that's the only way you can view yourself," he explained.

"I don't need an explanation, I know how it works," I snapped.

"Please, don't be mad at me, Ivan. I only did what I had to do."

I scoffed. "What would that be? Me trying to be someone's bitch. I'm not like that, Enzo!"

"You were fucking dying, okay?! You were fine until you started choking because of the spell Alexander put on you. The only way to stop you from dying was to mark you!" He growled.

"It does not matter if I'm dying. You do not mark me without my permission!"

"I'm sorry, babe, but you already accepted me once you said your first yes."

I clenched my fists, my chest rising and fall quickly. I couldn't believe how quick my morning turned out. It wasn't even twelve and I'm already arguing with this asshole. How dare he bring back when I was forced to accepted him because of Alpha Norixx and much shit we would had if we said no. I should have said no, I should have kept the bonding weak, but every time something bad happened, he would always be there.

"It doesn't matter if I said yes because you rejected me, remember? I fucking reject you, Enzo! I will always fucking reject you!" My voiced boomed in the bathroom.

"Do you honestly think I wanted to do it? I waited and waited for you to say you love me back, or at least gave me permission to mark you, but it seems like you hate me more. What the fuck can I do to make you happy?" He roared and grabbed my arms and shook me a bit.

I snatched my arms and pointed to the door that was behind him. "To make me happy is you leaving me the fuck alone until I can think straight."

Enzo's anger turned into sadness and I felt my anger drain from my body. I couldn't believe how quickly his emotions changed. I didn't know what I was doing. He knew it was wrong for him to mark me and he did have a reason why he did it, but my brain was telling me it was wrong, everything was wrong.

Nothing felt...right anymore. It was all jumbled together and confusing and frustrating that I wanted to pull my own damn hair out.

"You rather be dead than be with me? Do you...hate m-me? T-that's why you're...r-rejecting me?" He stuttered weakly.

I wanted to look away and stay with my pride, my coldness. But I couldn't stand Enzo being so...sad. The only time I've seen him sad was when his Alpha was going to bite me, and it wasn't a pleasant sight. I hated the fact he thought I hated him but what was worst that I rather be dead than him being dead to me. It was bad enough that Luka wouldn't-couldn't talk to me because of his mate.

I sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder. The bathroom light made his red eyes shine, almost like they were nice instead of evil.

"I could hate you Enzo but I don't. You saved me and I should be thanking you. And I'm only rejecting you because you did the same to me. I know everything about mates and the mark and how well it can damage us. I don't know how I feel right now because my mind is set on killing Vlad," I said softly.

Enzo was still in pain but he nodded his head, understanding everything. I still had feelings for Alexander but I would keep that to myself so he wouldn't have another mental break down. I was completely drained right now and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep.

"Where do we stand? Are we friends...maybe we can be Friends With Benefits?" He asked seductively and winked. Completely off guard by his statement, I laughed and slapped his arm, moving my body too closely to his. He didn't mind it though because he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his chin on top of my head.

Unconsciously, I closed my eyes and melted in his touch. I heard the faucet turn on and Enzo moved us around the bathroom. I wasn't holding on to him but rather leaning on him, my face on the crook of his neck. I opened my eyes to see him brushing his teeth with the biggest smile on his face.

"This is the weirdest position ever," Enzo said once he washed out his mouth.

I nodded, chuckling. "I agree."

We stayed quiet for a while. I didn't know what we were doing. I guess we were enjoying each other warmth but I was a bit nervous and my heart was pounding. I was marked, no doubt about it, it was a fact. My self being belonged to Enzo and there was a freaking mark to prove that. I was angry, yeah, but the mark was calming me down, or Enzo was. I don't know. I didn't know much things anymore.

"Alexander wanted me to mark you, you know," Enzo announced.

"He did?" I said shockingly.

Enzo nodded and placed a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I was surprised he didn't do it since he likes you and all."

"Maybe he found his mate."

Enzo shook his head. "Or he finally understands that he can't take someone else mate. It's very dangerous and causes conflicts. Not only does it damage you, but everyone around you because you would be known as a whore."

I pulled away and glared, not at him, but at the wall. "Why are Werewolves labeling others? I know it's society but come on. Can Werewolves give each other breaks?"

Enzo shrugged and pulled be back in a crushing hug. He kissed my forehead and I melted right away, forgetting about the slight anger I felt.

"I want this to work, Ivan," he whispered.

"I do too," I whispered back. I really do because I felt like I shouldn't give this up. I knew I was rejecting him because of my feelings and he rejected me first, but I did say yes, and I couldn't take that back.

As much I wanted to, I couldn't help but be grateful that Enzo was willing to wait and try again.

Because he said it himself; he was in love.

And I was terrified to fall in love.