"Lord Xiao is correct. They're not real clouds, Paimon as they are the product of an adepti art for spatial partitioning. If we want to go down to the treasury and his home we'll need to remove the barrier first from the security system."Shenhe explained smoothly pointing out each switch's location in the distance. The plan of action decided, Shenhe, Lumine, and Xiao each took a different mechanism at the same time deactivating them. Leaving only one left at the center as they hurried over. However upon activating it seemed to attract some slimes, but it posed no threat to the trio. once the core of the mechanism was destroyed however the floor under their feet began to vanish.

"Um, what's going on?"Paimon stuttered.

"Please don't tell me it's going to..."squeaked Lumine nervously

"We're going fall!!"wailed Paimon as the fog and floor vanished. 

"AAAEEEEIIIGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

"LUMINE!!"Xiao rushed in without hesitation and grabbed Lumine into his arms, wings of brilliant gold appearing as they fell. A might flap of his wings unfurling enough to break the rapid plummeting fall. Setting her safely down on the new platform as Shenhe landed with a plunge of her crystal spear. Unfortunately that also activated the ruin guard as it blew up the next mechanism core.

"Not again!"screeched Lumine and Paimon, Lumine fast to hop back into Xiao's arms as the platform broke. Causing them again to fall; This was going be a long day.

Some how they had made it through this abode of pure chaos and Sumerian puzzles

Some how they had made it through this abode of pure chaos and Sumerian puzzles. The entire way they had almost be squished by falling rocks, became target practice by multiple ruin guards, and got lost once thanks to Paimon's horrible sense of direction. But here they were finally inside Sea Gazer's home. A truly massive chunk of vermillionite just like Shenhe promised and confirmed. Lumine's cyan colored sword in hand Xiao could see its integrity was gone and it was a miracle it was still in one piece after all this.

But as the girls went to go grab the vermillionite, Xiao attention turned elsewhere. He had his own reason for wanting to come here. Even though the seal weakened and held off the effects the urge remained. There was something here he wanted to get and gift to Lumine. Sea Gazer traveled many places, grabbing whatever carried his fancy. From rare ore to artifacts to ancient weapons. "Guess he was like much like Lady Guizhong in this regard."he thought. His sharp gaze scanning the area until something shiny grabbed his full attention. There in a brilliant black sheath trimmed with gold and laced with with jade was a sword. Resting safely on the sword rack at the top was the ancient ceremonial sword covered in protective cover of brilliant gold.

 Instantly he knew what it was. "An adeptus sword, here?"he muttered under his breath. Quickly he wasted no time going over and great care picked it up in his hands. Removing the golden cloth case to reveal the ceremonial sword sheath and all. The distinct black and jade hilt trimmed in gold. "I know this sword...this used to be Lord Morax's sword."he thought as he unsheathed it. Before his eyes the shine of a sharp, brilliant ceremonial blade made of only the finest adeptus treasure grade jade. A smile on Xiao's face as he unsheathed it and covered it back up in the clothe case. His gaze going back over to see Shenhe leaving after getting the jadeite. Yes this sword would be perfect for his beloved. Adepti swords were sharp and would last many a millennia. But one forged by his lord? It would take a god to shatter it. Seeing Lumine coming over Xiao yelped and swiftly hid it behind his back.

"Shall we get going?"Lumine asked as she came over. 

"Xiao are you hiding something? Paimon thought she saw something just now."the fairy asked.

"Nope, prosperous! I'm not hiding anything. Now don't we need to go report your findings to Ningguang's secretaries?"Xiao swiftly stammered quickly stashing the sword away in his dimensional storage. Lumine looking curiously at Xiao's rushed effort to dodge the question. The girls shrugging as they stared at each other as they followed their adeptus companion. Just what did Xiao find? Lumine was curious as they left Sea Gazer's domain behind.

To Be Continued...