I looked back and forth between them. "While that is a smart idea for most, I wouldn't like seeing Oliver fawning over another woman."

Serene rolled her eyes and Rachael threw her head back onto the couch in defeat. I gave them both a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry."

My phone started ringing and I dug it out of my suit jacket. "Fuck. It's Oliver." Both of their heads shot up to see me in panic.

"Calm down. He's your husband, you can talk to him normally." I nodded and took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi baby!" I said overly excited. They groaned at my stupidity.

I put him on speaker. "Um... hey baby. Did you get my message?"

"I'm with Serene right now so no."

"Serene. I assumed so. Well can you hurry back so I can take you shopping for your dress?" I looked at Serene and Rachael confused.

Realization dawned on Serene, and she mouth 'the yearly gala'. "Oh right! I'll be back as soon as possible." I hung the phone up and set on the table.

"Oliver seems... sweet."

Serene rolled her eyes. "He isn't. Wait until you've known him for as long as I have."

"He can be sweet." I defended him.

"No he cannot." Serene eyed me, silently reminding me of all the times I've called her crying about Oliver. I knew what she was thinking but neither of us spoke aloud about it. She grabbed her laptop. "What's Alessandro last name?"

I shrugged and moved in between them as she started typing. "Never asked." She smiled and went on to trying to find my side piece.

It only took two minutes before she said, "Is this him?" I looked at the picture she pulled up. I could recognize those tattoos, abs, arms, hands, legs anywhere. Just looking at him made me feel something.

"He's with someone?" Rachael asked, my attention moving to the brunette who had her arms wrapped around his waist with a bikini on.

"No, he's just a man-whore." Serene clicked on a link then scrolled.

"Alessandro Sinclair." Sinclair. His name sounded oddly familiar. I've heard it somewhere; I just can't put my finger on it.

"We're pretty close to being more powerful than the Sinclair."

I groaned in aggravation and leaned back onto the couch. "Oliver hates this man with every fiber in him."

Serene laughed at me as she shut her computer. "You're living the life, peach."

"I'm living fucking hell. I need to get my mind off them." I closed my eyes.

They were silent before I felt someone pulling on my arms. "You can help me find a dress for the gala. I have to look my best being a model." Rachael and I stood up and followed behind her as we went upstairs.

Her closet was massive, every shelve and hanger filled with designer clothes. "You make me seem more broke than I actually am." Rachael said in awe.

I laughed and went to grab one of her dresses along with Rachael. It was a black mermaid dress with ruffles at the top and a slit that went to her mid-thigh. "I wore that last year."

"Of course, you did." I rolled my eyes. "How about, you show us your options." She nodded and me and Rachael left the closet. We went over to her bed, and I slipped my suit jacket off. "So, how long have you known Serene?" I asked.

"For about a year. We're on and off fuck buddies." I nodded. A year on and off... Serene's got the hots for her, and I couldn't blame her. "How about you?"