"I never heard you singing or humming before.", she said.

"I do have my moments when I want to sing my songs.", he sorted out the bed and looked at her. 

Riya was surprise to see him wearing tracksuit pants. "Are you not feeling hot?", she pointed at his pants.

"Nope. It's chiller today because it's going to rain anytime soon."

Riya did forget about the weather today. She was so used to the hot weathers. She slowly walked towards the bed. Liang hopped underneath the blanket while Riya was tying her hair into a ponytail. Liang watched her sorting out her hair.

"Why don't you plait your hair?", he asked. 

"Because I can't plait my hair properly.", she was being honest.

"Let me do that for you.", he got up and went of his knees. "Come by me.", he tapped his hands on his thighs. 

Riya crawled by him like a baby. Liang started laughing because her crawling was not going to get old for him. Riya turned around to face her back to him. Liang took her hair and divided them into three equal parts. Then he started plaiting her hair. 

"You use to do this often for your sisters.", she spoke.

"Every night because Mama was pretty bad at plaiting. But I can see she is improving.", he finished plaited her hair. "There you go.", he said after he tied the hairband by the end of her hair.

Riya looked at him with some shock. "That was fast.", she looked at her hair.

"I'm an expert in plaiting.", he slammed his body on to the bed and covered himself with the blanket. 

Riya scooped herself underneath the blanket and came closer to Liang. They were looking at each other with big smiles. Liang was looking at her beautiful smile. Riya could not stop thinking about the kiss. 

"Honestly Wang, there was a meaning to the kiss.", she said.

"There was not meaning. It's just the mistletoe. We do need to follow the traditions.", he said. 

"I have kissed Michael before now that he told everyone. But I felt this kiss different."

"Everyone kisses are different."

"Oh. Sssss, my head.", she started massaging her forehead. 

Liang took her shoulders and bought her to his chest. He placed Riya's head on his neck then wrapped his arm around her. Her tiny palms were on his hard bare chest. Liang moved her hand from her forehead. He was massaging it to ease the ache. A loud thunder was heard that made Riya flinched slightly. Liang looked at the tall wide windows. It was raining heavily. At least, him and Riya could have a good sleep. They heard another loud thunder. 

"Oh my god.", she said softly and flinched slightly again.

Liang looked at her. "Are you scared of the thunder?", he asked. 

Riya looked at him. "A little bit.", she answered like a child. 

"Sleep on me. You will feel better.", he tapped on her shoulder.

Before she could sleep, she wanted to tell him something. "Wang, thank you for earlier.", she meant at the hospital.

"Your welcome.", he smiled at her. 

Riya smiled back at him then she placed her head on his neck. Riya closed her eyes to make herself sleep. Liang watched the rain slamming on the windows. Now he was looking at Riya who was sleeping peacefully on his chest. He took a sniff of her soft hair and allowed his lips to touch a few of her hair. He remembered what she said about the kiss meant something. He took a deep breath and spoke. 

"The kiss did mean something. It meant how much I'm going to miss you when you are gone.", he whispered on to her hair. 

Liang kissed her head while she was fast asleep. This kiss he was giving her right now was real. And he finally figured out the strange feeling in his heart. He started having feelings for her. He hoped that he could tell her how he felt for her before it would be too late. All he needed was some encouragement. Liang removed his lips from her soft hair. Her face was on his neck, almost touching his visible Adam apple. Liang started stroking her injured forehead. He did not play with hair because he was more concern about her aching forehead. Liang switched the TV on but put it on mute to not disturb Riya. He was watching a Christmas movie with Mandarin subtitles. He looked at Riya for a moment. She was sleeping on his neck like a baby. The heavy rain and thunder was not disturbing her sleep.  Liang kissed her forehead for a minute. Then slowly released his lips from her. He looked back at the TV. He held her in his arms while he was the movie.