foreword

s y n o p s i s

s y n o p s i s

Comets - made of sand, ice, and carbon dioxide - are mere leftovers from the creation of our solar system billions of years ago. Skylar thinks she has a lot in common with comets.

here i thought it was cruel for the universe
to put an ocean between us
but now there's the entire milky way to cross

yet i keep moving in slow motion
looking for a remedy on the way
grown from young and naïve
to old and naïve

-

d e d i c a t e d   t o

you,

and the little child in me that never quite grew out of his space phase.

-

a d d i t i o n a l   w a r n i n g s

1. the main character is trans and so am i. be respectful or leave. i'm always more than ready to educate people, but one rude word or snide comment, and you're out. saying that i don't take kindly to transphobia is a massive understatement. aside from that, i will also not accept anyone misgendering or insulting any of my characters.

2. this is a book about queer people written by a queer person. if you're cishet, read that thrice before you proceed. i might not respond to everything, but i go through every single comment i get. if you're rude to other readers as well, you'll be muted immediately. this is a safe space for my fellow queer/questioning people, and no one is allowed to taint that.

3. i cannot put up proper trigger warnings for this book. there's a lot going on throughout the story, and you'll be met with some scenes that straight-up dive into past/emotional abuse, panic attacks, identity struggles, and other major mental health issues. i try to create an air of comfort around melancholic areas of my books so they're easier to digest, but i would hate to be the reason behind anyone's misery. if you feel like it's getting too heavy for you to take in, take a break. or just ask me for a summary of the chapter. or the entire book, chapter by chapter, really. i wouldn't mind at all. 

-

t i m e l i n e

start date: july 03, 2022

finish date: [-]

a tiny little space reserved solely for me to thank arodynamics, who is more than half the reason why i started writing this book despite everything

a tiny little space reserved solely for me to thank arodynamics, who is more than half the reason why i started writing this book despite everything. some days i talk too much, and some days i don't talk at all. you've somehow always been beside me through both. thank you. i love you. so much. always.

-

i have two playlists for this book, one that holds the entire theme of the story, and the other is sky's playlist for when she's on the train every day. (i personally feel like 'our window' by noah and the whale fits the story perfectly. it was also on heartstopper, which love so, so much, and i would highly recommend checking it out! both the song and the show, really) the playlists are attached in the inline comments right here if anyone wants to check them out!