No.12 Reunification of Lovers

A few days passed, and you'd grown to be used to spending time with Diluc. He never said or did anything that made you uneasy or nervous, he was just so comforting to be around.

"A game of chess, my lady?" He would ask every night, and you would always accept. He was never pushy or anything of the sort, and he would always reassure that his actions were solely out of gratitude towards you.

It was currently the evening, and you were both sat at the dining table. You'd barely touched your food, since there was only one person on your mind at the moment. You missed Kaeya dearly, as much as you wish you didn't. His charismatic smile, his sweet comments, his compliments, his overall attitude... you missed it all.

"Well, Y/n. I have a surprise waiting for you that should be arriving sometime later this evening. I do so hope that you will accept it." Diluc told you while lifting a piece of his Sticky Honey Roast to his mouth.

You turned to him with a dazed expression, not fully understanding his actions. "Ah, Diluc you shouldn't have-" you tried, only to be cut off by scarlet pupils piercing yours.

"I did. After all, I'm sure you'd appreciate it greatly." He continued, and you only covered your mouth trying to conceal a small laugh that was bubbling in your throat. Honestly, you didn't understand his reasoning, but it's not like you could object.

"Please, excuse me while I retrieve something from my room." Diluc stood while wiping his mouth with the napkin in his hand. You nodded in understanding, giving him a wave goodbye as he exited the dining room. You sat in silence for a few minutes, still not touching your food as you bit your bottom lip in thought.

You then heard frantic banging on the front door, causing you to jump and turn your head.

"Diluc! I need your help, please!" You heard a familiar voice on the other side of the door, causing you to freeze in my place.

"It's- It's Y/n! I have to find her, apologize for the things I said, all of them!" He continued yelling, and your heart began aching.

"Diluc, she's... she's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I just disregarded her when she needed me most. Please, I can't live without her. I need your help to bring her back, she won't want to face me after the awful things I said to her."

He kept desperately yelling, and you slowly walked towards the door.

"I can see your shadow under the door, Diluc." Kaeya spoke through the door, and you quickly froze once again. His words pained you so badly, but you wanted to yell that you loved him with all of your heart.

"I know, you probably don't want to help me after the fight between us. I have no right to ask for your assistance, I know that. But please, I can't bear to lose Y/n, too. You can hate me for the rest of your life if you want, just please help me one last time."

You slowly resumed walking to the door, holding the nob securely before opening it. You slightly hid behind the door as the crack grew, and you peeked through it before opening the entrance fully.

Kaeya's expression turned from solemn to awestruck as he saw you in the doorway.

"Y/n? Is it really... are you really here?" He asked while reaching his fingerless gloves up to your cheek. You immediately leaned into his touch, missing and relishing it. "Oh, my Y/n..."

With his final whispered words, he held both sides of your face and pressed his lips against yours . You wasted no time in wrapping your arms around his neck, his hands wandering and wrapping around your waist. There wasn't a gap between you as his mouth latched onto yours.

Every time you broke away, you would immediately go back in at a different angle to intensify your sensual lip lock. Tears began falling from your eyes, and Kaeya noticed as he held your face in his hands.

"I'm sorry, I know. I promise that I will never leave your side again. Never..." he whispered while rubbing the tears away from your eyes. You only gave a bright smile while tilting your head.

"I love you Kaeya, I truly do." You whispered, and his periwinkle eye only brightened at your words.

"Ah, Kaeya. I'm glad to see that you finally arrived." Diluc spoke while entering the dining room, and you both turned to him in unison. Kaeya stared in disbelief for a moment before nodding to him in appreciation.

"Diluc, thank you. I'll be taking Y/n- my love, home now." Kaeya spoke while kissing your forehead blissfully. His lips were as soft as clouds, his hands as gentle as a summer breeze.

"Are you ready to go home, Y/n?" He asked, and you tucked a piece of his navy blue hair behind his ear.

"Of course." You whispered with a smile. Before departing, you quickly walked to Diluc and gave him a tight hug. This seemed to surprise him, but he held you as well after initially hesitating.

"Thank you, Diluc. I'll never be able to repay you."

He only shook his head and pulled away. "There's no need to." Diluc whispered before taking your hand and kissing your knuckles as a sign of departure. "Farewell, Miss Y/n."

With that, you took Kaeya's hand in yours, and you both left the Dawn Winery. Kaeya's fingers were gentle, yet protective as his grip tightened ever so slightly when you made eye contact with one another.

You walked all the way to Mondstadt without your hands separating once. You finally reached the city, and Kaeya led you up the steps to his front door. Holding the door, he smiled and let you in while never taking his eyes off of your figure.

Finally inside, he closed the door before turning to you fully.

"Y/n..." he whispered before pressing his lips against yours and gently pushing you against the wall. You accepted his advance and tangled your fingers into his hair.

His hands began wandering, his breath becoming heavy as he groped your hips blissfully. He then broke away and looked directly into your eyes while holding your chin between his index finger and thumb.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to." He spoke just above a whisper, and you merely shook your head before kissing him once more.

"I want to. I want to do this with you, Kaeya. I've missed you so badly, I want you." You replied, causing his eyelids to lower slightly and his breath to become staggered. He then lifted you by your hips and tapped on your thighs, signaling you to wrap your legs around his waist.

You did so, and he wrapped his arms around your body as he pushed his tongue into your mouth. They danced and entangled one another as Kaeya opened the door to his bedroom and closed it swiftly behind him.

He certainly knew just as well as you what was to come.

Word count: 1208