Prologue

Deep within the depths of the Drenched Bluff mystery dungeon...Team Pheonix does their usual treasure hunt.

"Hyaaaa!!! Over there!" Riolu shoots a focus blast on an enemy pokemon. "Yes! I got it! The mystery box!"

"Good job Zen!" I complimented him. 

Suddenly, I see the enemy pokemon about to attack him from behind. "Zen! Behind you!" I shouted as I ran towards him.

"wuh-" Zen flinched, but just in time, I was able to deflect the enemy attack with an electro ball.

"Whew! Thanks Gwen! You really saved my skin."

"no problem. so, what loot have we got?"

Zen opens the adventure bag. "Well, we got 2,000g, a couple of blast seeds and a mystery box. Well, this seems enough. We should head back to treasure town and have Xatu open it up."

"Doubt anything good might come out. Every mystery box we get doesn't really have much use for us besides pokemon goods for the rest of team phoenix."

"Well, we can always sell it! If we can't use the item. we can always use the fortune we get from it."

I chuckled at his demeanor "Positive as always Zen. You've changed a lot since we first met."

"Ofcourse! I have to be! Ever since we formed team phoenix, trained at the guild, went on THIS MIND-BOGGLING CRAZY FUTURE-PAST TIME ADVENTURE, SAVED THE PLANET FROM PARALYSIS! We met LOTS OF POKEMON and became known as ULTIMATE HEROES! How can I NOT have changed!?" He flails his arms around as he said everything in one breath.

I chuckled again. It's nice to see how much he's grown.

~

Soon after we gathered out bearings, we start walking our way to the end of the dungeon.

While walking, Zen turns to me with a bright gaze. I give him a question look "what's with the face?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing." He averted his gaze. "I just wanted to thank you." He turned to me and smiled.

"Hm? Thank you for what?" I looked at him.

"For everything!" He exclaimed. "If I hadn't met you, we wouldn't have these amazing adventures together." he continued.

"Ever since I met you on that beach, I've changed and grown stronger. YOU changed my life, you know? I'm glad you're my partner. Now, if only you would just let me save your butt more than you've saved mine..." he scoffed.

I chuckled. I can't help but laugh whenever he makes that cute expression.

"Despite you changing and growing stronger, you still need me to save you most of the time." I teased back.

"Hey! I'm mostly the brains of our team! You're just way stronger than me since you came from the FUTURE!"

"C'mon I'm not THAT strong. We're both neutral with each other at most." I said. He seemed ticked off by my reply.

"Pfft-With a little more training I'm going to prove myself and evolve into a strong Lucario one day! You'll see! C'mon! let's get back to treasure town already!" Zen grabbed my hand and we run faster.

As we ran my stomach made a loud and audible grumble. "Yeah, we should go visit the guild sometime too. I'm starting to get hungry."

At the same time, Zen's stomach grumbles. "YUP ditto! Ahahaha! race you to the end of the dungeon!" Zen dashes ahead.

"Hey! No fair!" I chase after him.