2.

Katie's POV

"Why are you not sitting with the others?" I looked beside me to see Viviana come closer to me and sat down on the stairs next to me "I like eating alone"

"Do you want me to leave?" She asked. I shook my head immediately "no" she smiled and nodded. I continued eating my sandwich in complete silence but it was very comfortable silence.

"Why are you not eating?" I asked her trying to start a conversation "I don't eat right now. I'll probably eat after the next class" She said as she kept smiling at me "it's not good for you. It's already 3pm and you need to eat so you can get some energy. You've been awake since 8am as I assume since the class we had together was at 9am. It's not good to stay without food that long"

"Thank you for that but I drank an energy drink and I don't need anything to eat right now" I cut a piece from my sandwich and gave it to her. She laughed and took it from me "you should eat at least a little"

Sharing things has always made others mad because I couldn't let anyone touch any of my things and sharing food is not something I like at all, there is just something about Viviana that made me very comfortable with her. I don't know what it is but I haven't felt like this with anyone before especially with people I just met.

Maybe it's because her treatment for me did not change after she knew I was autistic or maybe it's because she's very chill.

"Why didn't you want to talk about your family life?" I asked her. She took a small bite from the sandwich "it's not something I like talking about because..well it's not the best" she said still keeping a smile on her face even though I can see some pain in her eyes as they looked in front of her. I can look at someone's eyes when they aren't looking into mine. Eye contact makes me very nervous and uncomfortable so I avoid it.

She talked to me a little then she mentioned a party "I can pick you up and we can go together" she said. I shook my head "no thank you. I don't like parties"

She nodded "okay" I like the fact that she didn't try to convince me to do something that I didn't want to know. She seems like a very understandable person and seems very caring just not for everyone, for certain people only.

———

"Come on please come with me" yes, I said that Viviana didn't try to convince me to go with her but Jenny was. I felt very pressured and nervous at how she kept touching me and trying to convince me to go with her.

I started scratching the back of my neck "okay I'll come with you" I said. She kept saying that I'll have fun, I don't know if I will but she won't stop talking and she was being very annoyingly loud.

"Nice. I'll pick you up at 8" the party was on Friday which was a few days away.

Jenny is kind of annoying but she's nice or at least she tries to be nice.