3🎨

🎐🎐🎐

"A pinky promise"

*****

Ever since that promise, Taehyung has been visiting Jimin every single day. He has been discovering his own home from a new perspective, loving the way Jimin made this place his own.

As time passes, Jimin seems to open up more. It's a slow process but Taehyung can't help but feeling warm at hearing Jimin's lovely giggles at his jokes. Seeing the way Jimin's eyes disappear and turn into the most beautiful crescents. There's not a day that goes by that Taehyung doesn't think about catching that sunny smile through his camera lens.

"What are you looking at?" Jimin's question makes Taehyung blink in confusion, face flushing at the realization that he has been staring at Jimin instead of the canvas on the ground on which he's painting.

"Your painting."

"Liar," Jimin giggles, finally looking up to meet Taehyung's eyes. "Am I doing something wrong?"

Taehyung is quick to shake his head with a strong 'no'. "I've just been looking at my new favorite scenery."

Jimin stills as soon as his cheeks start burning red, a more vivid color than the one previously painting Taehyung's face. At a loss for words, he lets out a breathless laugh, eyes drifting to the canvas. "You're so cheesy."

"You'd understand if you were seeing what I do right now." Jimin presses his lips together as if to stop himself from answering. "What do I see, you ask? Well-" Taehyung starts with an amused smile, ignoring the sudden whine of objection from Jimin who's pretending to refuse listening to Taehyung. "I see a creative and hardworking person. I see someone who doesn't mind being covered in a rainbow of fresh paint and whose smile steals another from the people around him."

"Tae-" Jimin puts the brush down, hiding his face in his hands as if that will help him block Taehyung's voice out.

News flash; it doesn't.

"I see someone who hasn't received enough praise about his hard work and is now most probably thinking I'm lying."

"No, that's not it."

Taehyung laughs at Jimin's muffled voice. "I see someone with a heart bigger than what he believes it is. Jimin," he gently calls when Jimin finally takes his hands away from his face, "your beautiful smile, your tiny hands, your laugh, your sparkly and lively eyes... these are only a fraction of what I see every day, and I love each one of them."

"You... didn't need to specify my hands are tiny."

Taehyung laughs.

When Jimin nervously bites on his lower lip, Taehyung understands. He understands how hard it must be for Jimin to accept the words he had never really heard before. Not from his family. Not from his very few friends. Not from anybody.

"What do you see, Jimin?" Taehyung asks curiously after a short moment of silence.

Jimin sits upright, frown indicating he's been trying to search for a good enough response to give. "I'm not good with words." He takes his time to look at Taehyung's face, eyes shining with something Taehyung can't quite put his finger on, however it doesn't fail to make him break into a smile. "But maybe... I can show you."