CHAPTER 7

Hey guys, hope you'll are doing fine.Dive in!

Mira's POV

'Mira are you fine?' Papa asked me as we walked away from Kabir. 

'Yes papa, all good' I replied nervously.

'Sachi?' he asked. 

'Muchi' I replied like a little baby and that got him to crack a little smile, but I knew that I was still not off the hook. 

'Betu, explain' he said simply. 

'What papa?' I replied innocently, making my innocent baby face. 

'Mira' he said with a stern voice, but I refused to give in easily if he didn't bring up the subject. 

'What is going on with Kabir?' he said. 

'Nothing papa' I replied. He gave me a look. 

'Papa we work together. We have to be polite to each other' I replied. 

'Falling in someone's arms and crying because of them is not considered being polite. Are you not over him?' he asked seriously. 

'Papa you know I am over him' 

'Beta, he still seems to affect you' 

'Nothing like that papa' 

'Mira, how long are you gonna hold onto him' he asked. 

'I can't help it, you know that too' I said. 

'Beta it's been 10 years' he said. 

'I know I know' 

'So are you're getting together again or something?' he asked. 

 'No papa, not gonna happen' I replied immediately. 

'Yet' he muttered. 

'What did you say?' I gave him a glare. 

'Nothing nothing' he said raising his hands in surrender. I gave him a look before walking away. 

The rest of the day passed by quickly as I enjoyed with my family and friends. Kabir didn't bother me again but I could see his eyes on me all night. It made me very conscious but I didn't say anything about it, just enjoyed the rest of the day. 

---Next day---

'Morning' I wished everyone as I rushed to work. It was my last day at work. I was supposed to close this case before I left for Jodhpur with my friends. Our parents were flying there in the morning and all of us were supposed to reach there the next day. 

'Morning Ahuja' Kabir said. I nodded curtly and walked away. I didn't want to get close to him again, I just couldn't. I had to fulfill my promise to papa. He looked a little surprised at my response but I masked my emotions and walked away. 

The day ended quickly as I worked hard completing most of my open pending cases. One of them was still open but that case could wait till I got back. I walked out of the room and headed home excited for the wedding and my break. 

Just as I entered the house I saw Mihir running around, obviously he hadn't packed. Well I helped him finish his packing and we rushed to the airport. We were the last ones there and got alot of annoyed looks.

'Forgot to pack again Ahuja?' Kabir taunted. I just gave him a look and walked to the check in counter. I knew he would have felt hurt but I was not going to break my resolve to ignore him. I turned back and everyone else was looking at me still in their places with their jaws dropped. I guess no one ever expected me to be rude to him.