Chapter 9 - Only Love Can Break The Spell

Start from the beginning

Ladybug collapsed on her knees, she could barely see anything, the pain made her vision blurry.

Just as she reached to grab her yoyo - it fell out of her palm the moment she got hit - her eyes met with the most hateful look she had ever seen.

"Pathetic! So pathetic!" - Chat glared at her. "You call yourself a hero? Look at you! You've always been weak and not enough for this city! Or for me!"

Ladybug looked up with teared eyes. She knew it was all the akuma speaking from Chat Noir but.. The way he spoke to her felt so real and hurt her more than anything before. She had to use all her remaining strength not to cry.

"You really thought that I could love you?! You're nothing without me! Nothing!" he shouted and pointed his sword to her neck.

"Kitty, no! It's not true! I know it's not!" she had started crying. "I'm.. I'm trying! I'm trying so hard! I wanna be worthy and not only for Paris but" she sighed "but for you as well! Because I.. I love you!"

That was it. Ladybug finally said the truth that she had been hiding from everyone, even herself for too long. Her first confession. Although she had never thought it would happen this way, not while her Kitty was under a spell that made him want to kill her. She just hoped that maybe, just maybe her confession would break the spell.

The moment those three words left Ladybug's lips, Chat's gaze softened. He backed up a few steps and lifted his sword away from her.

Ladybug knew that this was the moment for her. The spell could not be broken - or at least that was what she thought - but at least it made him hesitate a bit.

In a sudden movement, she pulled up her leg and threw it under Chat Noir's feet, making him loose his balance completely. He fell on to the ground - his sword sliding far away from him.

Ladybug used the opportunity to get her yoyo back - throwing herself on Chat - she tied him down.

It was her only chance. Now or never!

Throwing her yoyo up, she called for her Lucky Charm. She knew that the moment she got her weapon, only a few minutes would remain for her before detransforming, so she had to be fast.

Her yoyo turned into a bow in an instant.

But - just as she would catch it - she felt a pain sharpening on her back.

She got shot and fell on to the ground next to Chat Noir.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened? Where.. Where am I?" Chat asked with a confused look.

His vision was still unclear - as he tried to pull himself up.

His lips were no longer black.

He couldn't recall what had happened exactly.

But he did remember one certain thing. Someone told him those three magic words he had eagerly wanted to hear from his lady. He just couldn't remember who said this to him. Those words had immediately brought him back and he was now fully aware of himself.

"Dark Venus must have shot me" he tried to figure out what was going on. "But then how could her spell leave me?"

That was when he noticed Ladybug, lying next to him.

"Little Spot! Oh my.. Are you okay?!" he immediately shifted next to her and - gently grabbing her shoulders - he turned her to face him.

"She must have been the one who saved me from that spell. Wow. She's even more incredible than I've ever imagined." Chat thought, holding his lady in his arms.