Chapter 10: Kisses In Denial

We were nearing the end of the semester which meant exam season. The whole school was packed with students in the study hall because this was our last year as seniors and no one wanted to fail. Failing would mean we would have to stay behind with the underclassmen which were out of hand. I trusted myself to study at home but there was one problem.

Taehyung.

So, you all know that I'm supposed to be tutoring that brat, but he won't let me do my job. He claims he has plans and I ask him if it's more important than his education and he replies with "It's better for my heart" whatever the hell that means. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if he failed. What i cared most about is the work I put in for Taehyung and the fact that he helped me. If I could do nothing in return for him I wouldn't feel so great about having him lie for me.

"Taehyung, you have to study." We were sitting at our lunch table, he had his eyes glued to his phone while I had mine glued on his one annoying hair that was sticking up. "Can't today."

"What do you mean? You've said that all week. What could be so important?"

Taehyung looked around us before rushing over to my side and sitting next to me. "Okay, look." He shows me his phone and it's his texts with Jungkook. To sum it all up, they were hanging out every day and they started making plans for the end of the semester. "So we were thinking of going to the beach in Busan. Come on, it'll be me, you, Jungkook, and his big brother."

"Busan? Look, as exciting as that sounds, I don't think you should be focusing on that right now. We have exams coming up and I don't want us to fail."

"Fine, how about we study today? Your place."

"My place? Why my place?"

"I need a change of scenery and you've always went to mine."

My Mom wouldn't be home today since she works late tonight and my Dad will most likely be drinking with his company which will leave time for us to study and then get Taehyung out of my house when those two come back home at the same time. All I know is, things won't get pretty.

"Deal."

"So you'll come to Busan with us too?"

"I want Namjoon to come." This was my only condition because I did not want to feel like the third wheel between Taehyung and Jungkook. He also mentioned Jungkook's brother and I wasn't so keen on meeting new people right now.

"Deal."

After school had ended, Taehyung and I rode the bus together and had Namjoon drop us off at my house. "Let me know if you guys need anything?" Namjoon shouts from inside the car and we wave him off before approaching my door and unlocking it with my house key.

"Remember, it's nothing too fancy." I reminded the excited boy behind me before swinging my door open. "Take your shoes off." He did so, sliding on my Dad's slippers and following right behind me. "Wow, your family seems to like the color green. What is it, olive green?"

"My mom, she likes to shop for decorations for the house." He looks around, looking at my baby pictures on the wall. One of them was me at the beach buried under the sand with my sunshades on. That one had to be my favorite and my least favorite. My favorite because it looked funny and my least favorite because my Dad pranked me and acted as if he was going to leave me there so right after the picture was taken my face was red and had tears and boogers running down my face.

"Here." I handed Taehyung a class of orange juice before looking through my pictures as well. "Is this your Mom and Dad?" They had one picture together which was me standing in the middle and my Dad on my left with a blank expression and my Mom on my right, looking off to the side. I have no idea who took that photo.