chocolate peppermint frost

CHAPTER 03

"I'll open it!" Louis chimed so loudly his voice echoed onto the other end of the door to the big house. There was a set of heavy, clearly excited footsteps heard and then, the door was pulled wide open to reveal the face of Louis and his family walking up behind him.

"Hello! Welcome!" The eleven year old said with the biggest grin on his face, his gaze falling on everyone one by one but staying on Harry's longer than everyone else's.

"Why, thank you, sir!" Harry's mom said with a chuckle and Louis smiled so wide his eyes crinkled into slits.

"Merry Christmas! Welcome! So glad you came!" Louis greeted every one of the parents along with the rest of his family and was then finally was left with his friends.

"Hi, guys. Thanks for coming."

"Of course, Louis." Zayn said with a pat on his back because it was common knowledge that Louis didn't like being hugged. The only exceptions were his mum and his little sisters according to him.

The group of boys walked into their house, talking all about the test they'd given a few days ago before their winter break and how they were so excited for the results because they had all done really well on it.

"Louis?" The boy heard his mother's voice calling him after a few minutes and immediately got up and rushed to her to see what she needed.

"Yes, ma?"

"Baby, how about you get the boys in the dining room and start setting up the plates for everyone? Do you think you'd be able to do that?"

"Yes, of course!"

Following Louis, the boys filtered into the dining room where the big table and the chairs had already been placed earlier that evening. Making his way to the switch panel, Louis leaned up on his toes and switched on the pretty little lights that had been set across the walls for Christmas' sake and all the boys gasped at the beautiful sight of all those lights placed carefully around the little Christmas ornaments while Louis, for some reason, was left with his sights set on Harry.

Harry with his green eyes reflecting the bright, yellow fairy lights and his face shining under the light, his round face shining with a glow that left him wondering.

About what? He didn't know.

As all five of them chatted about the various Christmas cards they'd made their family members, Louis noticed that Harry was struggling slightly with the ample amount of spoons and forks he was trying to balance and in the next moment, the boy was standing next to him and taking hold of more than half in his own hands.

"I got you, Cookie." Louis said with a smile - lately, he'd grown to calling him just Cookie, a shorter nickname to the one he'd given him when they first became friends - and Harry blushed, just like he did when he was called that.

"Thanks, Blue."

"Blue?" The older boy asked with amusement in his tone and a look of curiosity set on his features.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Well, because I didn't have a nickname for you all this while, and because your eyes are my favourite thing about you. They're the prettiest pair I've ever come across."

"Pssttt," Louis blew out air and rolled his eyes - something he had started doing quite recently, but quite often as well. "Have you ever seen yours?"