Apartment hunting

Začít od začátku

"Bonjour, Christian. I hope you've been giving Henri trouble in my absence." She says with a warm smile as she lets go of Henri's hand to hug the older man.

Returning the hug briefly with a chuckle Christian opened the door for her to get in the back as Henri went around to the other side. Buckling in he grasps her hand in his to kiss the back of it. "See, I'm not the only one who missed you."

Pressing her lips together to try and hide her smile she asks him where they're going first. "So where are the listings that we're looking at?"

"There's a few close by, but I figured we can check them out last. Christian." He indicated to the older man they were ready to get started.

Easing into the busy morning traffic Christian concentrated on the road while Henri pulled out his tablet to pull up the online listings to give her an idea of what they were checking out.

Juno had him tell her what his top five things that were non-negotiable which quickly cut about a quarter of the listing down. "Alrighty, we've got four, five.. nine places total to check out. Three apartments are close to the Tower here on the lower east side, two on the upper west side; all near the park. Then you have two in SoHo and two brownstones in Brooklyn. Which do you want to hit first?"

"The brownstones. They're the furthest away and will eat up most of our time with just travel. They offer more privacy than the apartments." Sending Christian the addresses to his phone Henri sat back and relaxed, the whole time keeping her hand in his. Juno waited to feel uncomfortable or something, but she didn't. If anything it felt good.

~~~

"I think it has potential, but once the office is set up you won't be in New York as much. That means you won't need a place this big so I suggest an apartment in the city." Juno tells Henri of the second brownstone they had just walked through. It was a beautiful four story house that included a basement that could be turned into a full one bedroom apartment. Obviously that's not what he would want to do, but if he bought and then flipped it he would make his money back and then some.

"Who says I won't be here as much?" He asks her, wandering around the empty spacious living room with his hands clasped behind his back and a small smirk on his face. "The place I buy will be my new home, Jun. That means I intend to be here a majority of the time."

Looking up from her phone in surprise Juno powered it off and stuck it in her back pocket. She couldn't tell if he was playing with her or not, but he needed to take this seriously. "This is a home for a family, not a bachelor. Like I said, an apartment would be better suited for you, Henri."

"Do you think I will be a bachelor forever? I want a wife and kids someday and I would like to have a home ready for them." Coming over to stand in front of Juno he looked down at her with a serious expression on his face. Okay, so he was being serious.

Not able to take what he was inferring, she stepped around him to look at the fireplace to think for a second. Juno thought she should feel at least a little bit of panic at what he was offering her, but the crazy thing was she wasn't. The picture he was painting was something she had been dreaming about for years. Something she had been actually going for with Bucky until almost a year ago. She wanted all of those things. Children, a home, and a loving husband who also wanted all of those things. Turns out Bucky hadn't been ready for it though.

At Tony and Pepper's wedding she'd made the comment about how she pictured their wedding. The same as anyone did when they went with their significant other. She didn't want anything as extravagant as their's obviously. Something much more lowkey. Maybe somewhere outside with just the team because they were all of the family either of them had. Then talk of kids came up.