Apartment hunting

Hair tidied and face clean of smeared lipstick Juno made her way back to Henri who was currently chatting with the team, mainly with Thor since he knew him best. Her eyes rest on Bucky who was sat at the counter drinking his second cup of coffee with a smug smile on his face. His sky blue eyes rake over her face and body in a way that had her still throbbing core clenching and an involuntary shudder to run down her spine.

Finished with his coffee Bucky stood up to walk past her on his way to the sink. Coming back he paused next to her to huskily whisper, "I'll see you later. Have fun today, frumoasă."

Unable to verbally reply Juno stood there speechless as she watched him saunter down the hall without a backwards glance. "Everything alright, Jun?"

At Thor's concerned question she whipped around with a blush on her face. She tried to quiet down her pounding heart and not look like she'd just been thoroughly wrecked by her ex less than five minutes ago while her friend who was interested in being more than friends waited for her.

"Yeah, everything is great." Juno winced at her higher pitched tone and tried to look normal much to Natasha's amusement. Damned spy knew something was up between the ex's and was intrigued by what was going to happen. Glancing over at Henri she tilted her head to the elevator. "Ready to go?"

His dark eyes looked from her to the direction Bucky had gone with an expression she couldn't really read, but he nodded. "Of course, mon petit belle."

Saying their goodbyes to everyone Jun and Henri took the elevator down to the lobby. He pressed the button needed and stepped back next to her not saying anything. Shifting guiltily Juno tried to come up with something to say, but she came up empty handed. When they were about ten floors from the lobby when Henri spoke, startling her a little. "You still love him."

Sighing Juno nodded. She had to be honest with him; it was the least he deserved from her. After London Juno never wanted to hurt him the way she had again. "I do. James is someone I'm always going to love. He was my first real love, you know and he's going to continue to be in my life as long as we're both Avenger's."

He doesn't say anything for a moment as he thinks about what she's told him. She doesn't expect him to want to be anything more than friends after she told him all of that which is why she's surprised when he stepped close and grasped her face with both hands. Henri's kiss wasn't as rough as Bucky's had been, but it was just as passionate.

Not able to help herself from feeling a sense of rightness she's only ever felt with Bucky, Juno moaned as she gripped onto his sage green sweater with one hand and his leather jacket with the other. Taking the opportunity of her open mouth his tongue swept in to tangle together with hers as he deepened their kiss. Juno hadn't expected much of a reaction after what happened with Buck, but her heart was pounding hard and her breaths came out in ragged gasps as their kiss continued.

Pulling away just as the elevator dinged to let them know they made it to the lobby he swiped his tongue over his now lipstick covered mouth in a way that reminded her of Bucky's gesture from earlier.

Reaching for her purse he opened it to take out the wet wipes that he knew she always carried just in case. Cleaning off first her face and then his own Henri tipped her chin up with his thumb. "He might have been your first love, but I want to be your last. I have plenty of time and patience for you to see that." Linking their fingers together he smiled down at her and said, "Come, we have a busy day ahead of us."

Wordlessly Juno walked by his side as he led them out of the lobby and outside to Christian and his waiting town car. "Bonjour, mademoiselle, it's so good to see you again."