We're done

"This is over. We're done, I'm done." Walking over to their shared closet Juno grabbed out her go bag and the largest suitcase they had. Tossing it down on the floor she opens it up and starts ripping down as much of her clothes that will fit from the hangers and tossing them into the open suitcase with shaking hands. This had been a long time coming and yet it was devastating all the same. The distance between them over the last few months, no year, had grown so much that she knew this was the only logical conclusion to their relationship. Bucky Barnes might be the love of her life, but there was only so much a person could take before enough was enough.

Juno could hear him walk into the closet behind her. Ignoring him she kept packing. She knew if she stopped and looked at him she would give in and she couldn’t do that. Not this time. It broke her heart further to hear the pain in his voice as he hovered behind her. "Please don’t do this, Juno. I want to fix this. I know I've been hard to be around lately. But I know we can get through this."

Continuing to ignore Bucky, Juno dashes around him to scoop up two handfuls of panties and several bras and toss them in the suitcase. This was enough to get her through for a couple of weeks. Anything she couldn't grab now she could get later. Or more likely send someone else to get for her because for now she wouldn’t be able to come back here as long as he was going to be here. She just couldn't stand to be in this apartment when it didn’t feel like home anymore. Tossing a couple pairs of shoes in before sitting on the suitcase to zip it up. Grabbing the handle of both bags Juno goes to brush past Bucky, but he doesn't move out of her way. His large body blocking the doorway in a bid to get her to just stop and listen to him. "Please look at me, doll."

Eyes trained on his chest she shook her head. He was her only weakness. The only person who had ever been able to fill her up completely, healing all of the jagged cracks left behind by the damage her parents and life had given her. But it turns out in the end he had shattered her more completely than anything her family or her ex’s could have done. Steeling up her spine with as much courage as she could muster she took a deep breath. She could do this. "No, James. Get out of my way or I'll move you myself."

Juno's words were calm but harsh. They needed to be if she was going to get him to do what she was barely able to at the moment. Bucky's breath came out shakey at her use of his real name. Any other day it would have led to clothes being ripped off followed by amazing sex, but not today. Not ever again. He stepped aside, following her out of the closet and out of their bedroom to the living room. Numbness seemed to thankfully settle in as she grabbed her jacket and purse from by the front door all the while Buck hovered anxiously trying to get her to look at him, to talk to him.

Still ignoring him, Juno walked out the front door of their now formerly shared apartment at the Avengers Facility and down the winding hallways towards the elevators that would take her to Director Fury’s office. Passing a surprised Tony and Pepper who had been leaving the kitchen on the way to their apartment. Concern etched on her oldest friend’s face when he looked from her to Bucky and back again. Shaking her head to let him know she would talk to him later he nodded once and kept his mouth blessedly shut for once.

Desperate, Bucky stopped Juno from pressing the call button by speaking out of turn in front of the couple who had turned back around to leave. "I'm sorry, Jun. How many times do I have to say it? I messed up. I know that! You're just going to walk away and leave me without giving me a chance?!" His words come out half angry. Like she was the one who'd been pushing him away for the last almost year.

Leave him? Leave him. Him. He'd mentally and emotionally left her months ago and now he wanted to ‘fix things’? No. No way does he get to try and manipulate her like this in front of her best friend and his wife. Spinning around, Juno smacks his hand off her arm, something she had never done before. Never had she denied him touch. Not after everything he’d been through with Hydra, but this was a step too far. Poking him in the chest as she advanced, making him take several steps back. Raising her voice not caring that most of the team who had been in the other room had come into the kitchen area to see what all the yelling was about. Juno was done being quiet. Let everyone know exactly why she was leaving!