11

"I guess I have a small collection now." Angelica said to herself as she placed Sunghoon's bomber jacket on the desk chair where the black jean jacket was.

How the hell am I gonna return these without people seeing us together? Why can't people see us together anyways? What's so bad about him? And if it's so bad why does no one tell me?

She yawned and moved to her bed, throwing herself on it.

When she got home she ran up the stairs screaming she was tired so that her mother doesn't continue questioning her.

Once she got to her room, she closed and locked the door, sighing in relief when her mom didn't scream after her.

Her thoughts were all jumbled up. Sunghoon's scent coming from the jacket was invading her senses and then at the same time Jake's question was running through her mind.

She knew what her answer would be. Of course it would be no because she just met him, but she considered other things.

She met Sunghoon only two days before she met Jake, and if Sunghoon asked her out she would totally say yes in a heartbeat.

"Ugh I should shower again." She groaned and stood from her bed and to her bathroom, closing the door after her.

+++++

She sat in class, paying attention like the good student she surprisingly is. The teacher was explaining a 'Get To Know Your Classmates' exercise which everyone was complaining about.

"Oh stop being immature. You are going to be stuck in this room for this whole year. These are the people you will graduate with. Learn about each other, care for each o-"

Trenten laughed loudly, interrupting the teacher. Everyone around him let out little snickers as well and the whole classroom tried to hold it in. Angelica looked down at her desk with a chuckle.

"Get it together. Now turn to the person behind you and introduce yourselves. Steve turn to Hyo, Jenn turn to Lynn, and Angelica turn to Sunghoon. The rest of the lines will follow the same system. You will be speaking with them for five minutes and then you will switch." She said with a smile.

Angelica froze as everyone turned to look at her as if it was clock work.

"If Sunghoon's okay with it of course." Ms. Taylor hurriedly added.

Sunghoon let out a nod and the teacher sighed in somewhat relief.

Even the teacher is scared of him. But why?

Angelica slowly turned around to face Sunghoon as everyone stared at the new interaction. Sunghoon had almost never agreed to talk to anyone in class. He even did group projects alone.

"Hey." She almost whispered.

She had spoken to him so comfortably on Friday night, but for some reason she gets nervous every time a new conversation starts. Especially in school.

"Hey." He answered shifting his eyes back to the desk for a split second after they met eyes.

If she didn't know better she would say he was nervous but he wasn't. He was just trying to derive the attention from them. It was already spontaneous to even agree on talking to her in front of everyone, let alone give any interaction that these people might spread enough that it could reach his father.

"So you already know my name and I know yours so..." She said awkwardly and Sunghoon nodded in response.

Angelica looked away and they went quiet for a minute. As they were quiet, everyone turned to their designated partners and started talking.

Angelica almost sighed in relief as everyone's eyes turned away. She finally looked at Sunghoon who also looked up.

"Did you get home alright?" He whispered softly as he laid his chin on his arms.

Angelica's heart started raising at his intense stare.

How can he be all stuttery one day and then look at me like that on another?

She nodded and looked down nervously.

"Did you?" She said shakily.

He nodded softly, his eyes swirling with amusement at the girl who was a constant switch up. One day she is a confident force of nature who casually mocked him but another day she is like this.

Angelica thought back to Friday night and the talk that they had. She abruptly looked up making Sunghoon flinch.

"Your jackets. How do I return them?" She said as quietly as possible.

"Jackets? As in plural?"

"Yeah. You left your jean jacket. You know, that night."

Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows as he thought. He didn't really know if he wanted her to keep them or if he wanted them back. After all that was his favorite jean jacket.

He was so focused on figuring out how to get home that he forgot his jacket that night.

He raised his head and grabbed his pen, opening the notebook that he had been laying on. He scribbled something down in the corner and ripped off the corner. He subtly gave the piece of paper to Angelica.

She looked down and saw the name of a familiar park.

"Okay students, switch."

"Meet me there at 5." He quickly whispered and Angelica nodded as she turned to the person in front of her.

+++++

The table was loud with Trenten's jokes about a guy's fall in the hallway. Angelica was so bored and unamused. She didn't enjoy the fact they were making jokes about that especially because the guy was so embarrassed after. She was starting to miss Jake, he was the only one who was interesting to talk to.

He had texted in the morning that he wasn't going to be in school today and that made her bummed out for lunch.

"So new girl. How was your conversation with Park Sunghoon?" Trenten suddenly said breaking Angelica out of her thoughts.

She looked up from her lunch and saw everyone's stares on her.

"It was... boring I guess. We didn't really talk it was just introducing ourselves and that's pretty much it." She answered awkwardly and some people around the table nodded and looked away while others went back to their conversations.

"So you didn't talk to him at all? Were you nervous? " Yu Ahn said with a small laugh.

"I was a little but he didn't want to talk about anything anyways. I tried to ask him something and he didn't answer." Angelica lied with a small smile.

"Well that's Park Sunghoon for ya'." Yu Ahn laughed as she turned back to her food.

Angelica let an awkward chuckle and looked down at her food.

It was never established between them that they would keep their conversations a secret but it just all automatically clicked into place. Angelica didn't like the attention she got from just mentioning him and Sunghoon seemed like he didn't want others to know they knew each other either.

I'll keep my interactions with him a secret, for now.