𝕸𝖊𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞

The elevator lifted up with a mechanical hum. The two young Vigilantes were standing side by side, in comfortable silence. William had taken off his overcoat, and was holding it in his left hand, while his right rested on the collapsible walking cane. The grey o-neck t-shirt peeked through the collar of his hoodie. His eyes were closed underneath his tinted spectacles. 

To Kate, it seemed as if he was deep in thought, as she admired his appearance. His messily kept brunette hair, which complemented his whiskey-brown eyes. The muscles on his neck prominent due to the lack of fat. Her eyes traveled down to his attire, his vibrant red hoodie a direct contrast to his mysterious, introverted and troubled personality. The baggy clothing made it look as if he didn't have a muscular build, but time when he was in a half sleeved t-shirt made her think otherwise. The memory itself excited her. 

While she was busy fantasizing, William was concentrating on his Echo-location, as he made a map of the entire compound. His brain finding every entry and exit, along with every vantage points from where they could get attacked. After that he created a contingency plan for every one of the 3,267 scenarios, his brain working on overdrive, until a loud ding grabbed his attention, signaling that they had reached the intended floor. 

The elevator doors opened, revealing a spacious area, with floor-to-sealing windows, allowing sunlight to illuminate the room. Sounds of telephone rings echoed off the walls. 

A lady at the reception desk, was talking to someone on the landline. The chocolate-skinned lady looked up, noticing the unfamiliar man, who, by the looks of it, was differently abled.  

"Hi Kate.", she spoke, and the archer just left her overcoat by the desk, before saying, "Hey, back in a sec, D." 

She grabbed the young billionaire's hand and walked towards her mother's office. Walking in she grabbed the engaged woman's attention, who looked up from her work, to see her daughter holding an unfamiliar boy's hand. 

"Good mornin'", she greeted. Kate immediately got defensive. 

"I'm sorry. I know. Before you say it-", she was cut off by another voice. 

"Katy.", voiced Jack Duquesne, as he entered. "And you're William Stark. What brings you here?" 

"Exactly what I was thinking.", Eleanor said, folding her arms. 

"Uh-", William was about to make up an excuse, but Kate beat him to it. 

"He's my boyfriend.", she spoke, hooking both her arms around his left, shocking the living Vampire, but decided to play along. He was so getting back at her later. Eleanor's eyes measured him up and down, before a smile made a way onto her lips. 

"Well, it's great you decided to bring him here. It's nice to meet you Mr. Stark." 

"Likewise. I'm Jack Duquesne.", he said, extended his arm out to the young billionaire to shake, but William just stands there awkwardly. He noticed the hand, but decided to make Jack feel uncomfortable, wanting to see how he reacts.