xv

[ chapter 15 ]

december 24th, 2021
4:35 p.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

today is the day.

It's Christmas Eve. Ariel is buzzing and Issac's absolutely bouncing off the walls.

After everything that happened at the party, I came home and my best friends were eager to hear what happened. I told them everything; from me busting my ass in the beginning to Dalton showing up and crashing things in the end. They were shocked.

The next morning, Ariana texted me and apologized for everything. Of course, I told her it was no big deal. I proceeded to ask her how it went with Dalton, and she gave me some shocking news.

*flashback*

me - it's no big deal . im glad youre safe . can i ask how it went?
Read 10:01 AM

arii 🖤 - uh yea ofc. basically dalton and i talked things out and he told me he thinks we got married too early . i agreed and then we decided to take a break for a bit . so basically we're just gonna separate for christmas and come back before new years . see where we're at n stuff
Read 10:03 AM

me - damn, fr ?? thats crazy . im so sorry . i cant help but feel like this is my fault
Read 10:03 AM

arii 🖤 - no! please don't feel like its ur fault . its not, if anything it's mine . just don't worry about it, okay? everything's okay
Read 10:04 AM

me - ight, i guess . you let me know if you need anything okay? see you tomorrow
Read 10:04 AM

arii 🖤 - ofc . see you tomorrow, y/nn 🤍
Read 10:05 AM

*flashback over*

It is now 'tomorrow'. I couldn't wait.

The party was being hosted at Ariana's house. Apparently, her family would be there from 8-9:30 and then the rest of the night is when the real party would begin. Ariana told us to come at 9 so I, in specifics, could meet her family.

I guess they've been dying to meet me.

i'm dying at the thought of that

My friends and I went out to get breakfast this morning. We had gotten back a couple hours ago and were just chilling together waiting for time to pass. It was now bridging 5:00 PM and we were all getting ready.

I quickly gathered my things and set them up so it's easy for me to get when I come out. I took my towel and entered my bathroom; instantly starting a shower.

I stripped from my clothes and got in. I took the quick shower, dried off, got out, and then applied lotion. Afterwards, I put on my undergarments and slipped on a random pair of shorts.

I started on my hair. It took me around 15-20 minutes and then I took the shorts off and started putting my outfit on.

I decided on simple red and black plaid pajama pants and a plain, fitted black tee. I also had on black, red, and white Jordan 1s.