xi

Previously, on 'holiday hookups'. .

"I'm glad you like it," I parked and then turned the car off. I took the keys out and looked at her.

"because that's where we are."

Currently,

[ chapter 11 ]

december 18th, 2021
8:35 p.m
upstate, new york

- - - - -

Ariana looked out beyond the cliff we were parked on. She looked at me like a kid who'd just seen Santa.

"No fucking way. Are you serious?!" I nod enthusiastically, smiling ear to ear. I couldn't help it. Her reaction was priceless.

"Like the same exact one?" I nod again. "Honest to God? No bullshit?" I shake my head and laugh.

"Honest to God, Ariana. Absolutely no bullshit." She squeals and practically jumps out the car. I laugh again and quickly follow behind her. I make sure I leave the vehicle locked; as we are still in a random forest far out from any cities or neighborhoods.

I've been here many times, though. Nothing's happened. So, I'll take my chances.

it's worth it

I quickly jogged up to her and grabbed her hand. She jumped at the contact and looked down at our conjoined hands, then up at me confused.

"Just so I don't lose you or you don't fall off. I have full responsibility over you and I do not want to fuck this up." Ariana laughs. "That'd be a lot of angry, widowed fans." We laugh together.

"I guess you're right about that one." We stare at the overlooking view for a little longer. "Okay," I grab the pictures my grandpa took from Ariana's hands, happy she brought them as that was the plan anyways. "Follow me." She didn't have a choice.

We began walking the trail. It would lead us down to the bottom of this cliff; which is also where the train tracks that my grandfather photographed are at.

"I'm bringing you down to see these train tracks." I explain as I point to the picture. "They're a little rusted and worn because this was a while ago and they don't use these tracks anymore." Ariana frowned.

"Why not?" I shrug. "I don't know. I guess it's just not needed. They never took them out. I think my grandpa took this in 2008. So its been a while." She nods. I let her take the pictures from me and she moves to the next one.

 I let her take the pictures from me and she moves to the next one