vi

[ chapter 6 ]

december 15th, 2021
3:30 p.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

"Wait a second. So you told them we couldn't go out because you had to STUDY? You bailed on ARIANA GRANDE for HOMEWORK?!" Issac was in a state of disbelief. He stared at me incredulously, almost like I had grown two heads.

He was so loud, in fact, that several heads turned to burn holes into the sides of our heads. We were eating at Applebees.

"Issac. Sometimes you need to learn your inside voices." Ariel's voice got aggressive towards the end.

"Ariel. You can believe this shit?! 'Cause I sure can't. Ariana Grande. She passed AriAN-" I slapped my hand against the boy's mouth.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP." I whisper-yelled at him. He stared at me with wide eyes, his mouth still open.

"Calm?" I asked after a moment. He slowly nodded his head; so I slowly moved away my hand. His face was stuck in the open mouth position but slowly went back to normal.

"Now. Finals is literally today at 5:30. I made the smarter decision." Issac had taken a sip of his lemonade. After I said what I said, he proceeded to spit his drink out and all over the booth seat I was sitting at.

I gasped, quickly moving out of the way. Thankfully, only a few droplets got on me and majority of it fell on the table and beside me on the red seat.

"ISSAC!" Ariel and I shouted out of shock, only drawing more attention to our table. "God help me now," I mumbled, rubbing my hands down my face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know finals were today! I didn't even go to class today!" He exclaimed. My jaw dropped. "You didn't go to class?! Oh boy, you're so fucked." I couldn't help but start laughing.

No. I wasn't laughing out of happiness. I always want my friends to succeed. However, lately he's been playing with his life. His future. Prioritizing parties and women over his education. I hope this is a lesson learned for him.

"Should've stopped partying like I told yo' ass." Ariel snickered, crossing her arms and shaking her head like a disappointed mother.

"Damn. I guess I gott-" "You better not cheat, boy!" I gave him a stern look. He pouted, but then Ariel glared at him too. "Fine! I'll just try to guess it out." I shook my head.

"Do you know anything?" He nods, seeming very offended by that question.

"Of course I do! Just nothing about the recent lectures." Ariel and I groaned. "Good luck, Izzy."

~~~~~

I just finished my finals for my first class. I'd like to think it went well. I did study that night when I didn't pay attention to the lesson. I just hope it was a grade high enough to pass.

"Ms. Y/l/n?" Professor Charles called out. I stopped in my tracks and squeezed my eyes shut. My jaw was clenched and I felt frozen in my spot.

please don't be anything bad

I slowly turned to face the older man. "Yes?" He nodded for me to approach him. Of course, I did so.