Luffy finally smiled and nodded. "Why don't we go get smoothies? This was a big deal so there has to be some reward, right?"

"Yeah! I want the pineapple strawberry one!" Luffy said, and was able to clip himself in the car seat by observing how it was done closely. Katakuri was glad Luffy was honest about how he felt around other people. Though there was no way he'd be able to handle school like this. So they went and got a smoothie, and Luffy asked if he should mix the blood with the smoothie.

"Why not just enjoy the smoothie with no blood?"

"Okay!" and Luffy wandered back to the living room to drink his fruity drink. Katakuri looked at him sadly from the kitchen, with his back to his father. Luffy used to love going out. Now he couldn't handle it at all. The boy said he wanted to go to school, but seemed resigned to knowing he couldn't. Not yet.

Zoro was able to. His bloodlust had disappeared completely. He'd said before he went to the rehab, he'd attacked two people, not even in his wolf form. In a way, Katakuri had a feeling he and Luffy would possible be life long friends. They went through shared troubles. Zoro had been there for Luffy when he needed him, and showed on multiple occasions that Luffy being a vampire was no big deal. Even being attacked didn't push him away.

Katakuri didn't necessarily see Zoro as a positive influence in a way, but he wouldn't break them up. Zoro was there for Luffy when he couldn't be. They fit like two peas in an uncommon and "supernatural" pod. Hopefully Coby wouldn't get jealous or discouraged. He and Zoro were very different, so Luffy could be with both of them for different reasons, which was less likely to break either of his relationships if both fulfilled different friendship needs.

When Luffy was done with his smoothie, he was sleepy. It was near lunch, so he had him eat before he took his scheduled and necessary nap. Since being a vampire and werewolf were considered medical conditions, Luffy would be able to take naps once he did go to school. But Katakuri would only let him go to a school that catered to his needs.

He walked past Luffy's bedroom door, and heard him crying. It broke his heart. He entered the room, and sat next to the bed. Luffy latched onto him, and finally started to cry about how impacted he was by this. Katakuri rubbed his back and let him cry, saying nothing but giving physical comfort.

He eventually cried himself to sleep, and Katakuri tucked him in, going to get Karina, and plopped her in the bed next to him, curling up and joining him in his nap. He left the room, feeling useless. There really was no quick fix or way for him to help him personally. Luffy was the one who needed to defeat this problem. But Katakuri would be there to assist him, even if it took going out every day, just to be in a crowd for a minute before leaving.

Sitting in the study, he opened his laptop, and made a video conference request with his boss, knowing this was a time she wouldn't have anything really to do. Usually at this time, all of them were booked with a client. So she did answer. Whitey looked surprised at seeing him. He made sure the study door was closed, but knew that Luffy, if he was awake, could be able to hear him if he paid attention.

Though Luffy hadn't eavesdropped since he got home a week ago. On phone calls, he'd mind his own business and be distracted, not hearing who was on the other line, though he said he could if he wanted. But "papa had personal things, so he would be a good boy."

"Katakuri. What's wrong?"

"I was wondering if I can start working at home. Luffy needs more help, and is unable to attend kindergarten."

"You have a clear space, don't you? Well, we have a few clients who are terminally ill and can't leave the hospital. If you're willing to conquer that issue, working from home over video conference would be the same if you were in the office. I'll have the second newest one go to you."