The Hospital and the Werewolf

He sobbed and screamed for help, for his papa or Makino or Coby. While he was screaming bloody murder, Coby popped into view, and then was gone, returning with Katakuri. Luffy was hungry suddenly, with his throat burning. They must have something to eat for him! He stood up, swaying a bit and still holding his bleeding and burning wound.

"Call 911 now, Coby. Tell them a child was infected with vampirism."

"What?!" Coby asked in shock. Before he could call, and before Luffy made it to them, Katakuri trapped Luffy in mochi, his head the only thing not covered. He started screaming again, his teeth stabbing into his bottom lip. He was so hungry and thirsty! His dad came over beside him, and looked at him reassuringly even as Luffy attempted to bite him and get out of the mochi.

Coby was crying on the phone for an ambulance. It came quickly, and nobody but Luffy knew how this happened. How he ended up in this situation, and he couldn't speak, only scream and make angry grunting noises, but could not escape the mochi at all. When the sirens were heard, Katakuri carefully carried Luffy, making sure his face was nowhere near any skin. But he couldn't spread it by being a second generation carrier.

When he got to the ambulance, immediately, some sort of juice box was put in Luffy's mouth. Makino was there now, comforting the sobbing and traumatized Coby. Katakuri held Luffy up to drink the blood, since all freshly turned infected vampires were painfully thirsty. Luffy slurped it down, and once it was all gone, he was quieter, but seemed confused.

He was released of most of the mochi but his hands were latched together. He was unable to process what was happening, and Katakuri kept the tears in as best as he could. They headed to the hospital, where they went into a quarantine ward away from many people. He was laying on the gurney, still dazed.

When he got to the right place, he was strapped to the bed and had the bite mark stitched up and disinfected. It stung the boy, and he finally started to cry. Katakuri held his hand, strapped in the small binds. He knew this was terrible. More so than for anyone else. Children were extremely susceptible to intense symptoms, and quirkless victims were also damaged more. He was both. This wasn't good at all!

Luffy was asleep soon after, some sedative in an IV in his inner elbow. His eyes had turned red and his canines a bit sharper. Katakuri held his hand as he texted with his family about it, who were all horrified and very worried. He also texted Dragon, who was also very bothered. Coby was terrified when he got home. Not of Luffy, but with what happened in general.

They had no story while Luffy was unable to answer. While he was asleep, a specialists spoke to Katakuri about Luffy's immediate and long term consequences over this. If he'd been treated right away, it could have been treated more thoroughly, but he'd gone at least twenty minutes with the venom spreading and getting ahold of all of his cells.

Katakuri had a straight face on even though he was lamenting inside. He lost him. He lost Luffy and now look at what happened. Less than a year of being a father and he fucked up this bad already. He was ashamed and hurt. He would never pawn Luffy off for this or anything, but hte guilt was thick in his heart and mind.

"Being his age and quirkless, he will get thirstier much more often than older vampires. He'll need to be in rehab and won't be able to go home in the immediate future." Katakuri wasn't happy about this, but didn't blow up at the doctor. She was doing her job, whether he liked the information she was giving him or not.

"How long?"

"At least four months. A year at most. He'll need to be trained to work with humans again and not just be thirsty every time he sees one." Katakuri was devastated. He asked what rehab would be like. "He'll be trained and learn tactics to deal with the smell of blood everywhere. He's young, but impressionable. I'm sure we can get him used to his new life, now. Since being around humans would be hard, the workers are people with quirks that don't look 'normal human'."