Fallen for an Angel

Start from the beginning

Watching Nyssa move around in the kitchen, very efficient there like the way she is when she's fighting. The difference being she's calmer and more peaceful in the kitchen, while she's very intense in her battles. She still has no idea why she trains as much as she does and what do the other people in her home do. Whenever she asked, she seemed to just brush it off.

She had put all those aside. She believed it wasn't that important, that Nyssa would tell her about it in her own time. They weren't in a rush with whatever they are. There is no requirement to disclose everything. They will take their time getting to know each other. And she knew that whatever she finds out about her wouldn't matter, she had already fallen deeply for her. She's scared of course and still wouldn't tell her that, but she has finally accepted that fact to herself. She has fallen in love with Nyssa.

She wants to know where things are going between them, what she means to her, but she's afraid that when she asks her to define whatever they are, things would start to go bad. True that Nyssa had told her countless of times that she has feelings for her, that she deeply cares for her, but those are not necessarily the words she wants to hear. They're nice to hear, but still she wants the one that means more. She hoped that Nyssa would be more like her secret admirer, more expressive with his feelings the way they are, even if they're just in letters. For now. At least that 's what she has led herself to believe. She is very much hoping that she will finally meet this person on or after her birthday. That would be a splendid gift.

Everybody else finally joined them and helped in the preparation while each grabbed their own breakfast. It was just a few of them, her, Nyssa, Max, Rebecca, Nate, and Alec, though she doubted Alec would help.

"Did you invite Laurel and Oliver?" Max asked adding more emphasis on Oliver's name.

"No. I don't want my sister here. And inviting Oliver would mean inviting everybody in town."

"Okay."

"So, who else are coming?" Nate asked curiously.

"No one else. Just us. Can't stand any of those pretentious people." Max supplied in.

"Oh. Okay. I'm glad I'm no longer considered as one of those pretentious people." Nate smiled.

 "Are you sure about that? Maybe we're just trying to plot against you by befriending you."

"Nah. You enjoy my company too much for that."

Everyone laughed. They enjoy ganging up on Nate from time to time as he's the only guy in the group, in exception to Alec of course, since they can't even hold a long conversation with him, let alone crack jokes with him.

"Yeah. Why don't you guys go get things set up for later, so I can finish up here?" Nyssa said when the laughter has subsided.

Sara was about to walk out the kitchen with the others, but Nyssa pulled her by the waist.

"No. You stay here with me."

Nyssa kissed her cheek from behind and held her closer to herself. Sara turned around and wrapped her arms around her as well.

"You okay with this? Just us?"

"Yeah. I'd rather stay in bed cuddled up with you, but this works too. This is all I need right now."

"Okay."

"I'm serious about staying in bed though."

"We have plenty of time for that. Everyone prepared this for you. Enjoy it."

"Okay. Thank you by the way."

"For what?"

"For letting us do this here. And being here with me."