Chapter Five: Sing A Disney Song

"Do you like music, or would you like to talk? Hmm. Music?"

Castiel kicks his legs excitedly. "Frozen or Moana?!"

Zach grins "What's your favorite song?"

Castiel beams. "I love them all, but I really like um...Show Yourself and Welcome."

Zach's heart jumps excitedly, pulling up a playlist of just Disney songs on his phone and connecting it to Spotify through his car. "Me too."

Castiel giggles and cheers, "Yay! Elsa and Moana!"

Zach chuckles and hits play, then shifts gear to drive carefully, pulling out of the parking spot and onto the road keeping an eye protectively on Castiel in the rearview mirror.

Castiel beams as he looks out the window singing along to the song that was playing.

Zach melts listening to Castiel sing, thinking how lucky he feels and hoping he doesn't screw this up. Castiel sings along to the songs loud and proud as he looks out the window to see all the sights they pass. Zach hums softly, not having sung in front of anyone before, and isn't sure why.

Castiel looks towards Zach when the next song starts. "Would you sing with me? This is my favorite one."

Zach beams, hearing Castiel's soft request. "Of course, I will."

Zach joins Castiel as they sing 'Welcome' from Moana. They sing it loud and sport giant grins as they do.

Zach then sees the ice cream place up on the left and turns into the parking lot and parks in front of the ice cream parlor pausing the music and looks back at Castiel. "Hmm. You wanted strawberry ice cream, right?"

Castiel tilts his head and then giggles. "No Zach. I want chocolate. Did you forget again?"

Zach grins. "That's right. Good thing you reminded me."

Castiel giggles again and smiles. "I will always remember." He sets Mr. Penguin down on the seat next to him along with the gift and then looks at Zach expectantly.

Zach rolls the window down a bit. "Then Mr. Penguin can stay nice and cool until we get back. Is that ok, Castiel?"

Castiel beams, and nods. "Yes. Thank you."

Zach smiles, turns off the car, unbuckles, and gets out, going around to Castiel's side and opens his door, ducking in. "There is one important thing I want to mention, ok?"

Castiel's face gets more serious, but he looks at Castiel and nods. "Okay."

Zach taps the buckle that Castiel did. "It's ok to do the buckle when I'm here but never when I'm not. I want to make sure they are safe, so you're safe. Does that make sense, Castiel?"

Castiel's smile returns, and he nods. "Yes."

Zach smiles. "Good. So, ice cream?" He helps Castiel unbuckle.

Castiel cheers excitedly. "Ice cream with my new daddy!"

Zach chuckles and holds his arm out to Castiel as his heart swells. "I can help you out, or you can try yourself. What would you like to do?"

Castiel looks at Zach and reaches for him. "Help please?"

Zach gently picks Castiel up and ducks out of the car, placing his hand above Castiel's head, so he doesn't hit it, and moves Castiel to his hip for a moment as he closes the car door.

Castiel looks at the ice cream parlor as Zach closes the car door.

Zach looks at Castiel. "Would you like to walk or stay like this?"

Castiel smiles and softly asks, "May I stay like this please?"

Zach smiles and uses the keys to lock his car, then slides it into his pocket. "Of course, you can. I can do that especially since you were so polite and said please. Then you can see the ice cream when they scoop it."

Castiel lays his head on Zach's shoulder and grins. "Yay!"

Zach beams, carrying Castiel to the door of the parlor, and puts his hand on the handle, trying to tug and then frowns. "Uh oh. It looks like I might need help, Castiel. It's a heavy door. Can you help?"

Castiel looks at the door and nods. "Okay. I'll help you." Castiel puts his hand on the handle by Zach's and tries to tug on it.

Zach tugs harder so it starts opening and beams. "Look at you. Like a little Thor here."

Zach opens the door with dramatic effort.

Castiel giggles softly. "I am the god of thunder!" He shows Zach his muscles and Zach grins.

"That is very true. Look at those muscles. High five." He holds his hand up as he steps inside.

Castiel giggles and high-fives Zach.