chapter eight

Arguments

Arguments

TENSIONS WERE HIGH IN MIYAGI-DO WITH THE ex Cobra Kai members coming in. Surprisingly, instead of Leo freaking out on them, now Demetri was. Unsurprisingly, he was arguing with Chris who seemed to be the most apologetic, yet talkative apple in the bunch.

Leonarci snickered at the argument as she jotted down ways to easily pick up the stone, her ear still peeled to the conversation.

After a few moments, Daniel sent both Chris and Demetri over to help her with her project.

"So, how do you suppose we do this?" The Alexopoulous boy questioned as they made their way over. "Since you are the boss."

Leo placed her finger on her chin in thought as she looked over all the options she had written down.

"I say the big guy tries it on his own for a start, if he can't we'll add you, not that you'll be much help." The Brooks girl was in a particularly snippy mood, and it was obvious to anyone who spoke to her that day.

"Seriously?" Chris questioned as he looked between the two brainiacs of the school, both of them nodding their heads. "Fine, i'll try."

The boy bent his knees slightly before placing his hands on the rock and trying to lift it.

"It is obvious that brute strength can only get so far." Demetri gestured towards the scene as an example, a smug look on his face.

"Okay, what do you suggest, smartass?" Chris questioned, agitation in his tone as his hands left the rock and fell to his sides.

"Have either of you ever heard of a fulcrum?" The pale boy questioned, his arms folded over his chest.

"Of course I have—... it was on my list.." Leo awkwardly glanced upwards but wrote the word fulcrum subtly on her paper.

"Well, for the one who has no idea what it is, a fulcrum is a pivot point that decreases the amount of output force required to life an object." Demetri explained, grabbing a piece of wood as he positioned it in the proper place. "Watch and learn."

The boy pushed downwards as Leonarci got up to her feet to watch, the wood breaking in his hands.

"Fulcrum?" Chris questioned with a laugh. "More like full of crap."

"Okay, that was an awful joke but, he's right, that one piece would never be strong enough to help, it's too thin." The Brooks girl picked up her notebook. "Back to square one."

"You know what is full of crap? I'm just going to say it, you are full of crap, Chris. You are your little group don't want to join Miyagi-do, I know it!" Demetri yelled, his voice full of frustration and anger.

"Are you calling me a liar?" The ex Cobra Kai boy spoke angrily.

"Okay, guys. Calm down." Leo went to step between them, but as the Alexopoulous boy said ding ding ding Chris pushed him backward and onto the ground. "What the hell are you doing!?"