Cricket's Story//Chapter 72

Start from the beginning

She ended up falling off the roof and landing next to Zoro who watched on with amusement.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's what you get for trying to best, Captain Usopp!" Usopp placed his hands on his hips and pointed his nose up to the sky, looking smug.

Faythe continued to lay on the ground, suddenly finding it comfortable, "I hate you, Captain Usopp, bleh!" She stuck out her tongue, earning her another headshot with a pebble fired by the latter, "Gah!"

Zoro let out a laugh, "You look like your having fun." He nudged her side with his foot.

Faythe turned her head towards him, her forehead having very visible red spot that steamed a bit, "Karma's a bitch."

"So they say." Zoro leaned back on the stoned walls watching the three monkeys communicate.

"Fascinating isn't it." Usopp commented as he observed the monkeys as well.

Faythe giggled as she played along, "Look at them. In their natural habitat."

They watched one of them proceed to kick one's ass and send him flying.

"The habitat of stupidity." Zoro deadpanned.

Faythe leaned over his shoulder, "I think you would fit well along with the other primates." She grinned, "Am I wrong, Usopp?"

Usopp snickered and leaned over Zoro's shoulder, "No I'm sure he would be a natural in the habitat of stupidity."

Zoro was slowly unsheathing his swords as the two kept snickering at his temper.

"Your words, not mine." Faythe giggled into her hand.

At the right moment, Chopper came out the house, slamming the door open, "Luffy, He's awake!"

Usopp let out a fake gasp and stared down at his wrist, "Oh my, would you look at the time, we need to go check on this liar. Shall we, Faythe?"

Faythe took Usopp's hand and proceeded to do the tango into the house, dodging one of Zoro's swipes with his sword.

Nami looked on confused, "What have you two been doing?" She pointed at the pose that Usopp and Faythe did when they finished their little dance. Chopper was behind them clapping his hooves together in excitement as he watched the two.

"Looking at death's door." Usopp answered.

"Teasing broccoli." Faythe replied with a grin.

Nami deadpanned at the two, "Okay..?"

Luffy walked in the room with a smile on his face, "Diamond-head mister! I got stuff I wanted to ask."

Faythe had just now noticed the Cricket guy sat up in his bed hunched. He kept quiet for a moment before speaking up.

He glanced up at the Captain with a frown as he took a drag from his cigarette, "Sorry about the attack earlier. I mistook you for the usual idiots who come sniffin' for gold."

Nami clasped her hands together with a bright smile, "GOLD!? SO YOU DO HAVE SOME!?" She got way too excited.

Usopp crossed his arms, "Don't provoke him."

Cricket completely ignored Nami and placed the cigarette back between his teeth, "So... What is it you want to ask me?"

Luffy's smile seemed to grow bigger, if that was possible, "We wanna go to Sky Island! Teach us how!"

Cricket perked up at that, "Sky Island?" He then released a hearty laugh, "AHAHAHAHAHAHA! You folks seriously believe in that!?"

Nami was full on about to throw hands with this man, if Usopp didn't hold back her punching arm in time, "Nami, No! He's a sick patient!"