Chapter 49- Her Interview

and i can't tell if this is hell or if i'm just bored
- Fvck Somebody • The Wrecks

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟹
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟸𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

It had been forty five minutes since Ant and Dec had announced third place- and reality had finally started to settle inside of Henry. Finally, the time would be over spent in the Castle. Soon, she would live life as normal, and she would smile as brightly as she was able. Just not yet.

Danny and Henry had been instructed to walk to the interviewing room, only a few thousand feet from the portcullis. She'd been so close to home all this time. Why had it taken to long?

The pair stepped into the room, just as Ant called their names, and cheers erupted. Henry had never been greeted in that way before. She could get used to it, maybe.

"Guys! Grab a seat!" Ant had continued to say.

As she did, Henry removed the hat they give you during your time in the castle. However, she didn't falter to hold her pillow tightly. There was no way she was ever leaving it in the castle. It was too important.

"Nice to see ya both." Dec began, talking fast. "Danny, we're gonna start with you. We're gonna have a little chat with both of you, but we're gonna start with you." He spoke quickly, but Henry smiled. "Before we do, let's look at your castle highlights."

A few sets of highlights were played across the course of the conversation with Danny. Henry became increasing nervous at that. She had no idea what had been shown of her to the public. It was certain her relationship with Matty would be there, but after that, it was anyones guess.

Then, finally, they said.

"Henry, let's have a look at your Castle highlights."

𒊹︎———𒊹︎

"Hi, I'm Henry O'Connor"

"I never thought I'd want to eat a digestive biscuit so much in all of my life... it's the little things."

Well, me and Timothée Chalamet did some work together a couple of years ago." Henry pondered at the first thing that came to mind
——— ——— ———
Silently, Henry sobbed in the confession room for almost fifteen minutes. She wasn't disturbed, even if the other three could hear her distraught cries. They knew she needed the time alone.
"I can't do this." The actress forced out, every word difficult to pronounce. "I can't do this without him."
——— ——— ———

"Good vibes." Henry whispered. "Good vibes."

"Is there a yellow one anywhere?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm a Hufflepuff, not a Gryffindor."

Henry danced around the confession, not caring if she was on camera or not. It was one of the best things she'd ever felt. "They think I'm five years younger than I am!" She smiled like a child with presents on Christmas morning.

𒊹︎———𒊹︎

When the clips stopped, part of Henry felt cathartic. It was a relief to see herself having fun, and though she knew it was hard, she would smile at every memory.

  "How do you feel, watching all of that back?" Any questioned, quizzically. "Because you said before you went in that you thought you might struggle."

  "I feel great, actually." Henry admitted with a smile. It was nice to finally be able to talk about it all- especially with people who understood what it was all about. "My life was getting back to a sense of normality, really- but leaving my brothers had to be the hardest thing. You know, they were my life before here, and they'll be my life after here."