Chapter 21- A Group Challenge

And everyone telling you be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year • Andy Williams

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟸
𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

For the second day running, Henry woke up in the arms of Matty. Her decision was made: she could no longer wake up any other way. This was it. This was perfection.

  "Morning." He greeted, having that classic 'morning voice' deep and gravelly. There was something about it. Something about him.

  "My brothers are watching this on tv." She groaned as the diver nestled his head into her shoulder, kissing it lightly.

  "Yeah, but nothing bad's happened. And nothing bad's gonna."

——— ——— ———

"So maybe me and Matty have a proper thing, I know everyone's seen it by now." Henry grinned to the Confession Camera. "Don't dare say anything to anyone: and I'm looking at you two- Eb, Eddie. They're my twin brothers- but they're not fooling me. There's a reason they didn't get control of my Instagram."

——— ——— ———

They were in camp, and after what they'd been told about the trial last night, conversation had struck. Karaoke.

      Henry, secretly, loved karaoke. Though it wasn't hidden that singing was a passion of hers, karaoke was different. It was embarrassing, and fun for your friends to laugh at you. Secretly, Henry wanted to do karaoke with everyone in camp one day. Maybe when they got out they could all go to a pub, with Richard especially.

     "What's your karaoke song?" Simon questioned the group, and Danny was first to reply.

  "Paolo Nattini, New Shoes."

  Then, quickly, Henry added. "Mines Don't Stop Believing." She grinned as Matty handed her a mug as he did most mornings. "Can't beat a good bit of Journey."

     There was a moment, quite an odd moment, when David began to sing. It was his karaoke song, something French that Henry couldn't quite decipher- and although it was fairly pleasant singing, that wasn't what made the girl smile.

     It was the look on Danny's face as the words left David's mouth and were directed towards him. He was a child on Christmas, Henry was sure.

——— ——— ———

"It's honestly hilarious." Henry grinned from ear to ear. "It's just the way Danny admires David so much that he's almost in love. Steph, mate, I'm sorry but David might've stolen your man."

——— ——— ———

Something seemed to have tired Henry, and so, fell asleep by midday. Whilst she dreamt of food and family, her brothers laughing, all of the good memories, two of her camp mates were out at the Castle Coin Challenge.

     The oddest thing was waking up. It was Louise who calmly and softly spoke to Henry, ensuring that she was awake. However, it seemed that the young girl had streaks down her face. She'd been crying in her sleep, and she didn't know why.

  "What's wrong?" The newsreader had asked. She was a mother to Henry, a mother she had missed. It was unfamiliar and almost wrong- but almost good.

  "Honestly, I don't know." Henry wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "Must've dreamt of something really good, Cos I'm not sad."