Chapter 46- Final Challenge

And when the world treats you way too fairly
Well it's a shame I'm a dream
All I wanted was you
- All I Wanted • Paramore

𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟸
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟷𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

It was hardly any time after David left camp for the final time that the trials began. Each person would take on one, which would link to a certain meal. Danny was the first to go.

Of course, Henry couldn't know what he was doing, and because Simon was sleeping, she had been left alone. There was still little to do in camp, but their time were numbered, tomorrow was their last day.

One more day.

When Danny returned, Simon was sent away. She was told briefly what he did, and that everything was set for starters. Henry was proud, she had no reason not to be- but already the pressure was starting to build. If Danny and Simon both did excellently, and she didn't, then there was no chance she would win. Isn't that why she was there? To win?

Finally the time came, and Henry was sent out of camp for her trial. It had been narrowed down, and she was half aware of what was to come. Since the eating trial was gone now, she was to be locked in somewhere.

——— ——— ———

"I'm gonna be honest." Henry said to the confessional camera. "I was pretty terrified, but it had to be done. I want a proper brownie!"

——— ——— ———

She walked down to the trial clearing, though it was still just a stone room, and sighed. Ant and Dec were, unfortunately, still there- waiting to torture her in some way or another.

"Hi!" She greeted, fear underlying her words.

There was a jumbled chorus of "hi, Henry." From the two boys, and so she smiled, unwillingly.

"God, it's awful to see you two again."

"Well, thanks." Laughed Dec. "It's nice to see you too."

"Congratulations." Ant added. "You've made it to the final! This is going to be your last trial ever!"

"Thank the Lords." Henry sighed, causing the duo to chuckle a little.

"Would you like to find out what this trial has in store?" Asked the taller of the two men.

"Everyone knows it's gonna be bad." Henry rolled her eyes. "but go on."

"This is the tomb of doom." Dec announced.

"Brilliant." She huffed.

"For this trial you will be locked inside of the tomb. It will then slide into the chamber. You'll need to lie for ten minutes to win five stars. The first three stars will win desert for you and your camp mates. The forth star is for your drink, and the fifth star is for a special treat just for you. Of course this is a trial, so the chances are, you're not gonna be alone in the tomb of doom." The shorter explained, and Henry nodded.

"You can stop the trial at any point by saying I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here- but any further stats will be forfeit." Ant informed. "And, of course, you don't have to do it. Who needs dessert anyway?"

"Dessert?" Dec scoffed, and Henry frowned.

"I do."

"You could say, see ya Ant and Dec, and go back empty handed."

"I mean, I haven't done it yet." Henry fretted slightly. "I have to do it now, don't I, but I fucking hate boxes. I can't even sleep in a bunk bed."

——— ——— ———

"I'm terrified." The clips of Henry played from a previous confession. "I'm actually terrified."

——— ——— ———

The wardens arrived, and Henry was bundled into the tomb. She lay on a row of sandbags, in a person shaped whole, and was forced to lie there. The lid was still open, but she was sure it wouldn't be longe before it closed. Things were never this easy.

"Okay, Henry." Dec began. "You're in the tomb- how are you feeling?"

"I'll be honest, it's not a great feeling."

"What would Matty say?" Ant attempted in comfort.

"Probably to focus on a memory."

"What memory have you got?"

"The day we met."

"Okay, ten minutes, remember." Dec announced. "Ten minutes to endure. We're gonna seal you in now, gonna put the lid on." The light disappeared and Henry knew there was no way out. "You're now locked inside. If you're ready we will slide you into the chamber."

"Alright... yeah. Go for it."

"You ready, Henry?" Dec assured.

"Yep." The words were stiff.

"Your time will start on the klaxon. Very best of luck."

The klaxon sounded, and Henry shut her eyes. She didn't want to see what would be joining her, but as soon as she felt the scales slither over her skin, she became aware. Snakes.

Her mind instantly transported to the memory she wanted to remember. The day Henry O'Connor and Matty Lee met for the first time. A party where they both drank a little too much and danced together. A night where they could've kissed, but neither could remember. A time they were both happy to have met each other. The night that meant they were what they were now.

The time kept being called, but Henry blocked it out until she no longer needed it. It was called until it was over.

After what felt like an eternity, she was pulled from the tomb, and greeted by a smiles. A warming welcome.

"You got everything!" Ant exclaimed as she stood opposite from them. "Your drink, your treat, all of the desserts! Everything!"

"Yeah!" She smiled.

"Well done," he continued. "That was horrendous."

"It didn't feel too bad really." Henry tried to explain. "I just sort of went to a happy place, somewhere else."

"We know," laughed Dec. "We were trying to talk to you- but that was incredible. 50 snakes in there with you! And that was it! Your final ever trial!"

"Thank the Lord!" Henry cried, happily. "I'm in the final! The last trials done! Jesus!"

"You can relax, and enjoy the rest of your time in camp. Of course, eat well tonight."

At that, Henry said her goodbyes. The next time she'd see them, third place would be announced. For now, she was happy, fresh with the memory of Matty inside of her mind.

• - - •
1087
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.

Head Over Heels || Matty Lee (I'm A Celebrity 2021)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें