Chapter 38- Life

When I'm home everything seems to be right
When I'm home feeling you holding me tight, tight, yeah
It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log
But when I get home to you I'll find the things that you do
Will make me feel alright
- A Hard Day's Night • The Beatles

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟿
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟿𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Matty and Adam soon left to do the day's Castle Coin Challenge. The diver departed giving the actress a parting kiss on the head. A nice gesture, but in reality, Henry just wanted him back quickly. She wanted cuddles: and lots of them.

    For the majority of the time that they men were gone, Henry was asleep. And when she was not asleep, she was looking at the pillow she got as her luxury item.

     The faces of her brothers smiling so majestically the Christmas before, where wine was being poured on top of Freddie's head as he laughed. The photographs of her parents, one of which was a karaoke night when they were new parents: they'd never looked happier. The pictures of her and Cody, like a brother and sister who actually liked each other. The photo of Emily and Henry from when they were together, eight years ago, and that one picture of Matty and Henry.

     That photo of them in the bar, glasses in hand. That photo before she knew they were in love, or would ever be.

     This pillow was the epitome of home, and Henry was more than glad to see it. She was happy that she went to the Castle, but going home would be a relief.

    The girl wasn't awake for the question being asked, but was glad to find when she woke, that marshmallows were waiting. Well, it was one marshmallow, but it was brilliant all the same. If she hadn't been so hungry, she would've put it over the fire, and roasted it.

——— ——— ———

"I missed sweet things." Henry giggled. "As soon as I get home you can bet I'm having a chocolate cake and custard, and just an entire sweet shops."

——— ——— ———

They were sat around the fire, Danny and Henry whisky jobs were being done, and it seemed her camp brother thought it was best to ask something that had played on his mind. She couldn't blame him. After all, she'd been waiting for someone to answer the question since they got into camp.

  "D'ya mind if I ask about, ya know, your injury." Danny questioned, and Henry nodded.

  "Yeah, yeah... of course." She never minded speaking about it, though it hurt. "Anything in particular?"

  "Just, I remember it being in the news that you almost died, but I never really understood what happened."

  "Mmh." The actress pondered, memories flooding back. "I was twenty, me and Freddie were coming back from a panto at Christmas. A car drove into the street, I pushed Freddie out of the way, and was hit myself."

  Danny gasped. "Oh my God."

  "And I was in hospital for seven months, or so."

  "Jesus Christ." The man wiped his face with his hand, in a sort of shock. "What... what injuries do you have?"

  "Broke a rib, both of my legs, fractured an arm, cut my head. I was sick a lot, but that wasn't anything to do with it, I'm just stress sick as we've found out from this." Henry rolled her eyes. "It was a pretty dark time for me."

  "How did you cope?"

  "I had my brothers. Emily had just died, but Cody was still there. Everything was a bit shit, but that was alright."

  "I'm so sorry." He hugged her.

  "It doesn't matter." Henry shrugged, but accepted the hug.

  "It does. Trust me, it does."

——— ——— ———

"It was weird talking about the accident." Henry admitted as she sat in the small room. "It's been five years, but I think it was good to just say something about it."

——— ——— ———

Henry was glad when Matty rejoined them, a kiss was placed on her head, and she hugged him tight.

  "I love you, ya know." She whispered.

   "I love you too." Matty replied, surely.

   "I love you more than I've ever loved anyone, I think."

  The diver laughed. "You think?"

  "I know." She confirmed. Reaching upwards, she placed her lips on his, and he replied with a fiery vigour.

  "Well, I know too."

•  -  -  •
795
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.