Chapter 31- Illness

Cause all I think about is you
I wish you were here (oh, I wish you were here)
Everytime you disappear (everytime you disappear)
- I Wish You Were Here • HRVY

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟼
𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟼𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Just as expected and dreaded, Ant and Dec came into camp. Henry hated it more than anything, but knew it would have to come, and after yesterdays close call- she was worried. Everyone was worried, but really, Henry had the most right to be.

"The public have been voting for the people they want to keep in the camp. The person with the fewest votes will leave tonight." Dec told them all, though they knew what would happen.

Without any time to adjust, Ant began, and Henry grasped Matty's hand over the throne. "In no particular order, David,"

"Legend."

"The public have decided... it's not you."

"Naughty Boy, it's not you."

"Henry," she looked up, meeting the presenters gaze for the first time. Her heart was racing. She didn't want her name called out once again. "It's not you."

"Jesus Lord above." Henry whispered to herself and Matty squeezed her hand.

"Matty," her heart stopped again. Just as much as she hadn't wanted it to be her, she didn't want it to be Matty. "It's not you." He smiled, like a child, kissing Henry's knuckles lightly as reassurance.

"Frankie, it's not you."

"Simon, it's not you."

"Danny, it's not you."

"Louise, it might be you." The blonde woman nodded, and Henry took her hand for reassurance.

"Adam, it's not you."

"Which means, Kadeena, it might be you."

"So, it's between Louise and Kadeena. The next person to leave I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2021 is... Kadeena."

Henry's heart cracked in two. They were down to nine.

——— ——— ———

"I love this place," Henry explained. "I really do- but it doesn't half make you feel sick sometimes. I'm so sad that Kadeena's gone, and more and more people are gonna leave. I'm just not ready for that."

——— ——— ———

As they waved through the portcullis, Frankie wrapped her arms around Henry and Louise.

"It's just us three girls." She sighed.

"Oh my God." Henry shook her head. "It's starting to feel more like home."

They laughed with her, and the oddity of her life. After all, if Henry didn't laugh, she'd cry.

Then, by process of snoods in a bucket, Frankie had been called up to do the trial for the night. Henry was bored, as to be expected as there was nothing to do, but she couldn't do anything around camp without breaking the rules. She hated it.

Whilst Frankie was gone, the rest of camp ate their rice and beans evening meal. Matty and Simon had been on cooking, and Henry was looking forward to the meal. Especially because Matty had helped make it.

"I love the swapping of jobs because everything gets better!" Sighed Louise, in contentment.

"I don't know if the cheffing gets better." Matty admitted as he scraped the metal tin.

"Oh, Matty, Matty. Are you not enjoying your own cooking?" The Camp Leader questioned.

"No," he persisted. "It's just different."

Naughty Boy spoke up, provoking a grimace from Henry. "I don't enjoy the rice as much now as I used to." Matty laughed at it, but the girl could tell he was uncomfortable. It was hidden in his eyes.

"You would say that, though, Naughty. Wouldn't you? You were making it." Henry rolled her eyes.

"That's not cos I was cooking." He insisted. "Because it's the way it's been cooked is mushy and a bit over watery."

Matty was listening, and with a pained smile, he took it on, but Henry wouldn't have any of it. "I think it's lovely. When we're out of here, you're cooking for me properly."

"And proper rice pudding." Matty nodded knowingly at her, and she giggled.

"What you call rice pudding, I call over watered rice." Naughty ruined the happiness.

——— ——— ———

"Naughty's been getting on my nerves again." Henry admitted, rolling her eyes at the camera. She couldn't help it, even if she tried. "And I just can't be bothered with him. He's making Matty feel like shit. He won't say it, but he does, I can see it. Like, he had no awareness for anyone else."

——— ——— ———

When Frankie got back, and explained her horrendous trial, she announced that she got seven stars. As the camp were all proud of her, there was enough hugs to go round.

Then, dinner came, and octopus was on the menu. Octopus. The eight tentacles, three hearts, the lot.

David was the only one who knew how to cook it, so took over for the night, but even with all of the food being cooked properly, it didn't sit right with Henry. Within minutes, she felt a vague acidic taste rising in her throat, and she knew how the rest of her night was going to be spent. Throwing up.

——— ——— ———

"I don't know how much of that they've showed," Henry stated. "But I'd like to apologise for being sick on tv. It's disgusting, honestly, and I'm really sorry."

——— ——— ———

There was a silver bucket, primarily out of use, so Henry used to be sick into. She couldn't help it. If she could, then it wouldn't have happened: but she'd never felt more embarrassed in all of her life.

Her new friends didn't need to see her being sick, nor did she want her boyfriend to see her that way. However, all through the night, whenever Henry was having a problem, Matty held back her hair and aided in whatever way he could. He collected water, helped her clean everything she had to.

Matty was the perfect gentleman, even in such a bad situation. And for the night, though against the rules, she slept in Matty's bed once again. After all, she didn't want to ruin the good double bed.

Maybe that was the moment the world seemed to shift for Henry. Matty had told her he loved her, and she had too, but this was it. In her worst state, bile and sick burning her throat, Matty stayed by her side.

What more could she ask for?

• - - •
1081
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.