Chapter-11: Being with her...

One day,

It was almost midnight. Virat flopped on his bed, tired to hilt. He groaned clutching his neck in pain. These late shifts make him go tired!

He didn't eat his food. He just ran to the bed and laid down for a good night's sleep..... Little did he knew.

Around 2.

His deep sleep broke when he heard his phone ring.
Damn!!! So much for a good sleep?!

It was Usha Maushi's call. He was surprised. First, how did she got his number.
Second, Why the hell is she calling now?!

He attended the call only to hear the frantic breaths of Usha.
Did someone kidnap her? He thought.

"Um.... Maushi?"

"Virat sir....."

"Haan Boliye"

"Kamal sir....."

He now got alert.

"Kamal sir? What happened Maushi?"

"Sir.... Kamal Sir fainted in his room. Sai took him to the hospital" she said controlling her sobs.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Which hospital maushi?

" Govt Hospital.... Gadchiroli Main road!"

"I'll reach there soon" he leapt from his bed wore his sweater and rushed down.

Next few minutes went frantic and scary for him. He was praying for his guru and.... Sai! He wanted to be with her. He didn't wanna leave her alone in the stressful situation....

He rushed to the hospital and saw Sai sitting on the chairs with her arms joined.... Like in a prayer position.

Her hair was dishevelled and she was completely wet with sweat and tears. Her large eyes which always brimmed with love for her Aaba, those feelings were now replaced with angst worry pain and fear. Fear of losing her aaba.

He tiptoed and sat beside her.

"Sai...."

"Virat sir!!" She exclaimed In surprise. Her voice was so meek.

He saw her nose and cheeks pink and flushed because of profuse crying. She was heaving every breaths and was practically shivering.

He didn't want to talk anything and hurt her more. He just held his hands firmly trying to convey his support and love. Sai didn't remove his hand. She needed his warmth.... His support. He felt her palms sweaty and was ice cold. She was tensed to an extreme level.

He didn't say anything. He gently took one of her hand, and put it inside his pant pocket and started rubbing slowly to make her feel warm.

Sai didn't say anything she just leaned on his shoulders much go Virat's surprise.

"Am scared Virat sir....." She said in a weak voice.

"Nothing will happen sai! Calm down....."

"Am so scared Virat sir.... Hospital... Aaba... I can't shake the image of him falling unconscious from my mind" Sai said, sobbing.

He held her hand gently, Trying to reassure her while he was breaking in fear.

The door opened. Sai and Virat ran to the doctor.

"His sugar level was alarmingly low.... That's why he fainted. I guess he was on irregular diet.... That's why! He's weak and stressed now! He's on sedatives and sleeping now.
You can take him home tomorrow!" Doctor instructed.

Sai heaved a sigh of relief and sat on the chair. Virat saw Usha Maushi standing outside.

"Saab.... How's Kamal Saab?"

"He's okay now...... We can take him home tomorrow."

"Thank god!"

"Did Sai eat anything?"

"No.... She had an emergency in hospital..... When she came home she saw Kamal Saab lying on the floor, unconscious. Poor.girl.... Didn't even change her dress or eat!" Usha said sadly.

"Maushi! You can go home. I'll feed her. You also need some rest."

He Requested her and she finally obliged amd left home.

He returned and saw Sai almost dozing off in her chair. She was tired.... Clearly!

"Sai?"

"Haan Aaba.... Am sorry! Yes Virat Sir?"

"Stay awake. I'll get something something for you... To eat!"

"No Virat Sir... Am not hungry."

"No way! Am not taking no for an answer! You wait here!"

He ran to the canteen and brought her a some bread and tea for her and entered the lobby where she was sitting.

She looked so tired and exhausted. Poor thing!

" no Virat sir.... Am not hungry!"

"No Sai... You can't stay empty stomach. You're already so exhausted"

"But...."

Before she could come up with another excuse he stuffed a small piece of bread inside her mouth. Her already big eyes widened more in surprise.

"What....?'

" chup chap khalo Sai!!!"

Sai smiled a bit seeing his actions. He felt relived when she smiled. He was almost mentally preparing himself to get slaughtered by her.

"So.... Will you eat or shall I feed you?"

He mentally prayed that she should accept second option...... But he knew his fate. Sai took the bread and tea from his hand and started eating. She was hungry. Clearly!

"Virat sir.... Did you eat something?"

"Don't worry about me Sai.

" no!!! This isn't fair!!!" She said annoyingly.

She tore the bread into half and gave him.

"But Sai...."

"Am not taking no for answer. You have to eat!!!"

He tried to reason her but she paid no heed.

"EAT!!!' She said in an alarming tone.

He obliged and started eating with her, stealing glances and smiles.

Long minutes later.

" shall I bring something more? Maybe one more glass of tea or biscuits?" Asked Virat. He wasn't satisfied with her. She even gave her food to him.

"No Virat sir. Am full!"

Sai was so tired. So after a long minute of fighting and resisting she fell asleep on Virat's shoulder much to his surprise. He couldn't let himself wake her up nor remove her hand. So he gently held her and made sure she slept comfortably.

He removed his sweater without disturbing her sleep and covered her with it. He gently tucked her dishevelled locks behind her ears. He was about to place a kiss on her forehead when she groaned in sleep. He shook his head realising what he was trying to do.

_________________________________________
Not proofread.

Precap: A perfect thank you!

Do vote and share ur comments. Lots and lots of comments please.

Will meet soon.