Chapter-8: diving into the pool of jealousy

Haan... Virat sir?! You don't want it?" She asked.

"No... I want it! I would love to have it!"

"Here...." She gave the box.

"How did you know I didn't bring my lunch?"

"Oh... You didn't bring your lunch today?! Good thing I brought it" she exclaimed.

"Sai....."

"Hmm?"

'Thank you!"

Sai bowed her head in a dramatic way and walked out not before giving him a huge smile.

Like this a week passed. Sai and Virat found a confidant.... Better words, a good friends in eachother. They used to call eachother everyday and enquire about their day. They talked, bantered and some occasional flirting.... From Virat's side of course.

One fine day,

Virat met with a minor injury.... Okay, not-so-minor injury which may require stitches.

He entered the hospital. No one knew why some was "this" excited to go to hospital. For most of the patients.... It's the most dreaded place.

(My worst nightmare!)

And there goes our ACP Virat chavan, whistling and walking to Dr. Joshi's cabin with some dance steps in between earning questionable looks from the nurses amd fellow patients.

He straightened up his shirt a bit, made his face a bit pitiable and looks like he's in pain and entered the cabin to much to his horror..... His Sai, I mean not his Sai yet... But still!!!

He saw Sai sitting on the table and laughing her lungs out, Almost choking and gasping for air and there sat in the chair, a young guy wearing a white coat...

Fellow doctor... Virat guessed it right.

He was handsome, brown eyes, well built physique and looked like he knows to impress girls. Virat begrudgingly admitted he looked handsome.

But why the hell is he near Sai?!

"He's a fellow doctor... Must be her colleague or friend!" His sane mind reminded him.

"He's a doctor... He should be attending patients why is he wasting time here?! I hate someone which wastes time?!" His heart chided.

"Oh really... What about the times when you almost slept in cabin?" His notorious mind reminded his heart.

"That's different! I was so tired.... So I dozed off!" His heart tried to justify.

He shook his head at this never ending convo between his heart and brain. He cleared his throat to gain the attention.

"Ahem.... Ahem...." He cleared his throat. Sai turned behind and saw Virat standing with bloodied elbow.

Her already big eyes, widened more in fear and ran toward him and held his body against her trying to support him.

Virat shivered in her touch, goosebumps arising from his skin. He could distinctly feel her vanilla perfume that Almost sent him in a feverish spin. She can make him crazy, he thought.

She made him sit on the couch and sat beside him examining the wound.

"What happened? How did you get injured!" She bombarded him with questions.

"Accident... Just accident"

"Virat sir....? How? Did It happen?" She exclaimed not satisfied with his answer.

"Okay I give up..... Just another failed adventure from the mission!" He confessed.

Sai looked at him clearly annoyed.

"But how did you know.... That I didn't confess the entire truth?" He asked surprisingly.

"I can read it in your eyes Virat Sir! Your eyes can't lie!" She confessed while looking at the wound. Virat's heart thumped wildly. Her simple sentence almost made him fly with happiness.

She understands me!!! He thought and blushed.

"Sai!!" There came a husky male voice breaking his reverie.

He looked and saw Aniket standing beside her, his hands on her shoulders. Virat clenched his fist and stared at him.

"Oye Madam!!!" Aniket calleD Sai.

"Haan Ani... Tell me!" She replied.

Ani? She calls me Virat Sir... With such formality and look at her calling him Ani..... Nick name for that clown?! He wondered.

"You. Are. Jealous!!" His heart whistled.

"Why should he feel jealous of that Khet? Viru is well earning handsome and capable police officer!" His brain gave the reply to his heart.

'Love doesn't care about Anything hun. He's jealous..... !" His heart exclaimed.

Virat shook his head.... Again to clear out this conversation.

"Sai.... Your break is over. You leave.... I'll tend his wounds." Aniket said.

Sai looked at the watch and almost screamed, she was late. She wore her coat and stethoscope and moved to the door.

"Virat Sir..... Ani is my best friend. He's an amazing doctor too! He'll tend these wounds. Am leaving. Take care Virat Sir!" She rushed out of the room not even waiting for Virat's reply.

Virat's face sunk. He thought she'll tend him and now he's stuck with this not-so- handsome and annoying khet!

"Sir... Is it paining?" Aniket asked.

Virat just shook his head negatively.

"How do you know Sai?" Virat asked possessively

"Oh..... Mirchi? I know her from college. My best friend! I missed her contact when I moved to Banglore.... Now am so happy that I got my mirchi back!"

"My mirchi?!" Virat exclaimed aloud.

"Haan.... I call her Mirchi and she's my bestie. So my mirchi!"

Virat wanted to shoot this guy at this moment.
How dare he call his Sai as His mirchi?

"Now you can call her Your Sai?" Virat's heart exclaimed annoyed.

"I can!!" Brain told confidently.

Virat stood up once his dressing of the would completed.

"Don't touch or press the injuries. I have stitched it. So it'll pain a bit. I have prescribed medicines for it. Don't wet it under Water.... If at all you have any other issues.... Please contact the hospital!" Aniket instructed.

Virat went closer and hugged him tightly.... A bit too tightly. Aniket was Almost choking and coughing.

"Thank you so much for your help Khet.... I mean,Aniket!" Virat released him from the hug and gave a "playful" punch on his shoulder. Aniket almost stumbled.

"Oh my god Aniket! Are you okay? Am sorry... I didn't mean to push you with that force!" Virat made him stand up properly.

"No Sir am totally fine. I just slipped. That's all take care Sir... Bye!" Aniket ran out of the room.

Virat stood there with a devilish smirk.

"Aniket haan........"

_________________________________________

Precap: Talks under starlit sky.

Do vote and share ur comments. Lots and lots of comments please.

Will meet soon.