She leans back narrowing her eyes at me happiness sparkling in them. "Well one of us are in cuffs with a busted forehead and is about to be sent to prison while the other one can walk freely and make others reap what they sow. I'd say that's him saving me."

"Did you pull me in here to make yourself feel better or...?"

"I just wanted to know if there was anything you want to confess to. That is before ya know....the trial." She suggests.

One thing about me is I'd never snitch on me or on Ona'je. I would never plead guilty, I feel like all these lawyers and attorneys say pleading guilty might get you out of more years but I know that with me and O's wrap sheet everybody is probably working in cahoots to send us away. We been had this talk a long time ago. I remember it vividly.

"B if anything ever happens...." He trails caressing my face as we lay in the Hotel room bed. The bag of money from a play we made on the table beside the bed.

"Won't nothing happen O-" I laugh at his serious expression.

"I'm deadass," once I see how serious he is I turn serious. "We moving up. Wandon got us meeting with the Italians tomorrow. Shit is getting serious and at some point we gone be in too deep. People gone wanting our spots and people gone be lookin' for us."

I sit up glancing down at his hand that's still holding mine. Sensations going through it. "I'm not scared." I say sternly.

He smiles at that causing me to smile too. "I know you not that's why you my girl and my partner. But this ain't about being scared. If it's one thing I learned growing up is that all bad people have they day when they back against the wall and ain't shit they can do."

"You think we bad people?" I ask lowly.

He shakes his head. "No,"

"But we do bad things."

In this moment I realize how wrong I was. I was talking to him and everything he said went through one ear and out the other. I focused on the part that he said about bad people and ignored his warning. And his warning was that one day people who live the life we live will one day be cornered, that everybody has their day and one day we'd have ours. And it didn't matter how good of a person we were. All that would matter is how much bad we did.

"Just tell me what are charges are."

Savira smirks. "Gladly," her smile falters a little. "Luckily for you we can't get you on any counts of murders. We don't have anybody to testify against that and we don't have any evidence. You are charged with Possession of Cocaine, Reckless Endangerment In A Police Chase, and Destruction Of Property."

"Damn," I laugh. "Maybe the property wouldn't of been ruined if they would've stopped chasing us."

"You got jokes huh? Well let's see how much of a comedian you are when ya locked away for the rest of ya life. No riding around having fun, no being ahead in the streets, and most importantly no Ona'je. Have fun getting that carpet munched," she stands up walking over to the door she knocks her knuckles against it two times. "Get her out of there."

"Yeah I'm gone see you soon. Real soon." I promise her.

"Is that a threat?" Savira asks me raising her voice. Her eyes widening in anger.