|Ch14|

Damai Nathaniel's•
"Dame"

I sat outside on the patio smoking a blunt while the moon looks down on me. My duffle bag filled with about a good $600,000 sitting right beside me. We all took that much each and agreed that what was left over would go towards where we'd be staying and what we'd be eating. Basically essentials.

Somehow even with that much money I still have to wonder was it all worth it? I'd lie if I said I didn't have regrets. Even with all that money it still wasn't as much as what we had nor what our company was worth. It seemed like a temporary solution to a permanent problem and it all made me wonder was that problem worth him dying for?

"Damai." Her voice asks softly from the doorframe. Her shadow stretching out onto the patio reaching far enough for me to know she's there without looking over my shoulder.

"Can I just get a min by myself?" I ask somewhat coldly.

"I just...." She trails. "I wanted to say thank you. He could've killed me. And I've never," she pauses. "I've never had anybody kill someone for me before."

"It's all good." I brush it off.

"Okay well I'm going to go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow." With that she walks off.

I sigh knowing I'm going to be up for a while. While her and East went to sleep I sat up imagining a better future. I can't afford to go back. Even if I do that money would be spent up on the flight back, bills, switching to a cheaper place and my grandmothers hospital bills. She's relying on me right now. I can't come back empty handed and I'm working on limited time. She needs my help. And after all she's done for me I'd kill Mitch a thousand times to get that money for her.

Somethings got to give. I don't know what yet but something has to give.

Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

I hold my drink in my hand sipping off of it while looking around the section. East sat holding a blunt in his hand some girl twerking all on him as Damai sat off by himself curving people left and right. I found it funny how one is married and accepting all the attention while the other is single and doesn't want any.

I roll my eyes standing up I walk towards Dame feeling East's eyes on me the entire time but I ignore it taking a seat beside Damai. "You so lame," I call out playfully. He leans his tall frame down though we're sitting so he can hear me. "Not drinkin', not smokin, not dancing. Fuck happened to you?"

"Somebody gotta watch out for y'all mothafuckas, you see he loose with it." He motions to East. We stare eachother in the eyes and soon his serious expression breaks and amusement fills it.

"You know I can take care of me," I state. "I don't need either one of y'all watching out for me."

Damai eyes me suspiciously before breaking the silence. "You never told me what made you change your mind. About last week." He brings up us robbing Mitch.

I look down at my lap my joking vibe somewhat simmering down. "I got somebody I care about," I admit. "And they need me. So I gotta do what I gotta do."

"I felt that." He nods reaching over he grabs my drink taking a sip.

I crack a smile. "Boy I don't know where ya lips been."

"You know." His voice is so calm I can't tell if he's flirting or not.

I can't lie and say Damai's not attractive, even East looks better but it's more so the physical and mental changes I see in him. Shit even the physical is good. Like right now he's wearing some black jeans and a simple black sweatshirt with a chain. His braids still neat, his face smooth and he smells good. I have to admit even as teens Dame's always been handsome.