He took a deep breath before saying, "I'm going to go so you can calm down." He grabbed his car keys and coat, heading for the door.

I followed him saying, "Stop walking away from me whenever you disagree with me!" I raised my voice. Just as he was about to reach for the doorknob I said, "You'd stay if you love me."

Oliver stood still for a moment before turning his head slightly to me. "I'll be back soon." And with that he shut the door behind him. He left. He fucking left. The few tears that fell from my eyes I wiped them away and walked over to where my phone was.

"Serene." I said once she answered on the fourth ring. "Can you come over?" I guess she heard the tremble in my voice because she said she'd be here in twenty. Just like I had a spare key to her house she had on to mine. I put Brinda's case papers back into the files and went to put them up before coming back to sit on the couch.

Serene walked inside and to the living room with bags full of snacks and drinks. I gave her a sad smile and she dumped it all onto the table. "Maybe when you decide to go the gym and lose a few pounds..." His words echoed in my head when I reached for a candy bar.

"I probably shouldn't be eating sweets right now." I sniffled and moved back on the seat. "I'm gaining weight."

She furrowed her eyebrows before throwing the candy bar in my lap. "You're not gaining any weight and whoever the hell told you that is just putting you down because their insecure." I smiled at her words and went to open the candy.

Serene was a God sent gift. I was so blessed to be able to call her my best friend. We'd been inseparable since the eighth grade. Her mom and dad were a like a second set of parents for me. She always stuck by me even if we did argue and disagree sometimes, we always bounced back. She knew everything about me, meaning she knew about my one-night stand. She was a model, tall, skinny and light brown hair with green eyes.

She wore a mini black skirt, lace bra that covered a lot, and thigh high black heels with an oversized denim jacket. "He makes me want to shove a knife up his ass. Ugh!" She said after I told her what happened.

"I know I know but he's my husband and even after that argument I still love him. I can't just give up on six years of a marriage you know?"

She laughed sarcastically. "You gave up on this marriage when you had sex on that vacation."

I sent her a glare and she put her hands up in the air defensively. "That was a drunken mistake." I said, directing my attention back to the bag of chips I had. "I haven't seen Alessandro in over six months."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you haven't thought about him. You guys literally got the same matching tattoo on your hands, and you got him a ring, for whatever reason. After a night like you described I'm sure he still wears it. Hell, he's probably thinking about you right now."

I smiled at that thought. It would be nice to see if that night still lingered around in his mind like it did mine. If he memorized every inch of my body like I did his. That thought quickly left me when Oliver came to mind. "I'm married. That was a terrible mistake I plan on never making again."

"Your, in my eyes, in a loveless marriage. No matter how much you might say or tell yourself you love Oliver means it's actually true. Just because you guys have been together for six years. It's possible to fall out of love with someone and still care for them." The tears started falling again and she came over and pulled me into her chest. "It's okay Athena. Everything will be okay."

We changed the subject, talking about her love life instead of mine. "I told her I wasn't the relationship type! It's not my fault I eat pussy so skillfully and she got attached." She shrugged acting as if she did not give a single care in the world. She'd been like this ever since her parents divorced when she was twelve. She stopped believing in love and just dated for company.

"One day you're going to get attached and they will break your heart. Karma can be a real bitch."

"Yeah right." Her phone lit up with a message and she picked it up, a huge grin coming over her lips. "I've got to go. Are you alright? I can stay if you need me to."

"No, no it's fine. I'm tired anyway."

She stood up and grabbed her denim purse. "Okay that's good. I'll see you later I'm about to wreck someone's vagina. Love you!" She yelled as she went to the door.

I laughed at her boldness. "Love you too!" I yelled back. She really is something else, I thought to myself. I cleaned the living room of our snacks, putting them all in the pantry, and went upstairs to shower. I had hoped he'd be back once I got out so when he wasn't here, I called his phone. It went straight to voicemail the first three times I called him, so I gave up and changed into one of my oversized shirts.

I grabbed my brown fur blanket and walked back downstairs to the couch. I tried to worry for his safety but as One Last Heist played on the TV all I could seem to think about was Alessandro.

I laughed as the pretty guy that was putting ink on my skin made a silly face. "You know this is my first tattoo? I don't even feel anything." I giggled.

Alessandro put an arm under his head. "Because your drunk pretty girl." He said with a handsome smile.

"I am so not drunk- wait did you call me pretty?" He nodded and I looked over to the artist. "Did you hear that? He just called me pretty." I thought I was whispering but him chuckling told me I wasn't.

The tattoo artist whose name was John I think nodded. "You are a very pretty girl."

"My very pretty girl." He said while staring heatedly at John.

A huge grin made its way on my face, and I blushed. "Stop you guys are making blush." They both laughed at my drunken state. "Well, Alessandro, you are a very handsome man."

"That made my heart flutter." After a few more minutes John and his artist, Fred, were done with our tattoos. He took my hand in his and kissed it. "Just in case we never see each other again after this night, let this be my memory to you. Even though I'll look for you until I can't anymore."

I laughed and grabbed his hand, mimicking his actions. "Just in case we never see each other again after this night, let this be my memory to you. Even though you'll look for me until you can't anymore." I smiled cheekily and he grinned.

The artists behind us started clapping. "Sounds like you guys just exchanged vows." They laughed. Alessandro and I weren't paying them any attention as we looked into each other's eyes. He knew I was married but, nonetheless, he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.

It felt like I was having my first kiss all over again. Frozen in this moment, I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. My hands tangled in his hair and his hands gripped my ass, bringing me impossibly closer, savoring this moment.

We didn't care if there were other people around, we devoured each other. This kiss was different... unique. It sent tingles to my core and shivers through my body. The way his tongue massaged the inside of my mouth left me feeling more aroused than ever.

I moaned into his mouth, and he went to squeeze my ass harder. My panties, at this point, were soaked. I was ready to indulge in what this man would give me-- wanted to give me. I had to pull away from the kiss to catch my breath, our lips still hovering over each other's.

He traced over my bottom lip with his thumb and stared down at them. "I can't wait to make this pretty voice of yours sing."